Promote...Promote...Promote

Discuss web design, copywriting, SEO, traffic, advertising techniques and other aspects of developing a successful business.

Promote...Promote...Promote

Postby BethinArkansas on Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:50 am

We received an email Tuesday of this week from a fellow author congratulating us for an achievement we "did not know we'd achieved"[link removed].

The bottom line is that we promote our book and our supporting websites and blogs every single day. Web directories, blog directories, MySpace, Facebook and numerous social sites related to our topic. It works.
BethinArkansas
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Re: Promote...Promote...Promote

Postby supersandyb on Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:51 pm

I have to read up more about using facebook and twitter to promote...I heard they're the newest "thing." :) Thanks!
supersandyb
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby jaygirl on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:54 am

Facebook and Myspace rank highly on the internet because they have such a high PR and develop massive traffic.

If you start a page on Facebook including your keyphrase as a title, this will provide a great platform for getting you message to thousands of users.
jaygirl

Postby spookycc on Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:12 pm

I always thought that facebook and myspace weren't keen on any advertising, but I have to admit I'd never thought of using my business name or keywords as a title. I always just attempted to put my biz url in the sig line, but that didn't work out well. :(

There are tremendous opportunities to be had in the social networking venue, and a lot of them are probably not even realized yet. Every time we find a new way to put our business "out there", we have the potential for more leads and more customers.

*Links Removed*
spookycc

Postby KatrinaManning on Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:21 pm

I agree that promotion works, it just takes time, but keep doing it!
KatrinaManning

Postby jos635 on Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:53 pm

I am advertising on Facebook now for the back to school push and I am getting nada, google ad-words I felt was a waste of time as well..But I started a facebook page for *not allowed* and have 68 friends now, so that is great and I do post whast we are doing in the community and various adventures that this start-up is taking us to. I am just hoping that parents are holding back till they go to the uniform sales at the schools..
http://*not allowed*.com
jos635

Postby SheilaOcean on Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:26 pm

Yup, its gotta be every single DAY...never miss a day...well maybe 1, but try to keep it consistent and regular...and slowly go upward w/ the effort. Google likes to see progress in an upward fashion, which is more "realistic", rather than artificially done...

:)
100% Natural & Safe lice treatment That Works! - Guaranteed...
http://www.licetokill.com
SheilaOcean

Location: Sunny & Gorgeous Northern California...don't hate me

Postby BethinArkansas on Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:20 am

Okay, I feel like I need to clear something up about this.

Promotion is NOT advertising per se. Promotion is talking about problem solving and benefits but not really asking for the sale.

For instance, we may post an article on Ezine Articles or Hub Pages or Squidoo with a link to our main website for more information. No affiliate links in the promotion.
BethinArkansas
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Postby JeanLA on Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:05 pm

Promoting in facebook and myspce will not only gain backlinks to your site but also gain direct visitors from the social networks themselves.
Article writers wanted. Home based. Reliable payment every Friday.
Lots of work.
JeanLA

Return to Websites, Traffic, and Business Development