Good things CAN happen

Discuss web design, copywriting, SEO, traffic, advertising techniques and other aspects of developing a successful business.

Good things CAN happen

Postby BethinArkansas on Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:26 pm

Here's another reason to build a content-rich site that climbs in the search engines for a particular niche. Our brain-injury-online.com is hosted on Sitesell, expensive but well worth it when you consider everything you get in the package.

Anyway, today we completed the sale of a link on the site that will pay an entire year's hosting fee. We were approached by an international law firm that wanted to buy the link. We'd had no previous contact with that firm - but now you might say we have a lovely relationship with them.

Just keep at it. Keep adding content. Keep promoting. Keep doing all the good things you learn in this forum. The benefit may not be today or tomorrow, but it's out there.

The brain-injury-online.com site has been "out there" for over a year and has over 300 pages. Several of the pages are Google page 1, Yahoo page 1 and MSN page 1. Each page has its own primary keyword phrase.
BethinArkansas
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Re: Good things CAN happen

Postby LorettaOliver on Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:15 pm

Congrats :)
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby supersandyb on Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:47 pm

Good to hear....congrats to you and thanks for the encouragement. I plan to launch a website in the near future so I will need all the encouragement I can get!
supersandyb
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby linda1 on Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:43 am

Wow! Thats really good!
I think a lot of people get discouraged and give up after a short time which is a shame.
That's where forums like this play their part-you can find solutions to all sorts of problems. You also realise there are a lot of people out there in the same situation as you.
Linda
linda1

Postby wahm375 on Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Congratulations! It is always great to hear a good story like this. It always helps me keep positive. Thanks for sharing.
wahm375

Postby BethinArkansas on Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:38 am

Thanks to all of you for the congrats.

Many of you know about the anoxic brain injury I suffered back in 1990. The road back to where I am today was certainly not an easy one, and it's not one I could have traveled without an extremely supportive husband. There were times I wanted to throw my hands up in the air, and Larry would say, "You're not that kind of person."

When we published our book, I insisted the title on the back cover be "Never Give Up." That applies to everything we do in life that is under our control. Never give up on the dream of being successful - according to YOUR definition of success.

That's why it's important to work toward milestones on the way to your goal. Milestone #1 might be earning $100 working from home. Never give up until you're earned that $100. Your next milestone might be earning $500 working from home. Keep at it until you achieve it.

You can get to $100 each month, $500 each month...etc. Just never give up!
BethinArkansas
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Postby Mel on Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:04 am

BethinArkansas wrote:Never give up on the dream of being successful - according to YOUR definition of success.

That's why it's important to work toward milestones on the way to your goal. Milestone #1 might be earning $100 working from home. Never give up until you're earned that $100. Your next milestone might be earning $500 working from home. Keep at it until you achieve it.

You can get to $100 each month, $500 each month...etc. Just never give up!

I couldn't agree more. So many times people follow "experts" so closely that they feel they aren't successful unless they've reached the same level of success as the person they're following. If they'd instead determine what success means to them and then strive to reach that, they'd probably reach it faster and be happier with their results.
Melody

Want to be a VA? Let me show you how! VirtualBusinessMavens.com
Essential Office Support: Helping you manage, market and grow your business.
Mel
General Manager

Postby Jenn79 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:44 am

Very inspirational and congratulations on your success. Hopefully with some hard work we can all get there!
Want to take your online business to the next level?
I can show you how.
http://www.workathomemomnow.com
Jenn79

Postby spookycc on Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:02 pm

You're right, good things CAN happen, even though we all have had plenty of bad things happen too. Such is life. :)

I worked for Ameriplan for not long enough to make a good start at it. I bought postcards and mailing lists and sent them out and had professional flyers all over town. I never got ONE call. It was so disheartening I almost stopped looking for work online.

My next attempt was spiderweb marketing. I set up all the "passive income streams" (they had the PASSIVE part right!), and even paid for the sites that weren't free. And I paid for google adwords and yahoo marketing words, and never made a dime.

Now I work for a business called media cash machine. They specialize in teaching online business-people the most efficient ways to advertise your business. From TV to radio to internet sites, they give you lots of valuable information to attract new customers.
spookycc

Return to Websites, Traffic, and Business Development