Merchant Accounts or ??

Discuss web design, copywriting, SEO, traffic, advertising techniques and other aspects of developing a successful business.

Merchant Accounts or ??

Postby Mel on Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:58 pm

Two questions for you today....

If you accept credit card payments, which merchant company do you use (2Checkout, Authorize.net, etc)? If none, how do you receive the payments?

If you use a shopping cart to manage your sales, is your merchant system compatible with your shopping cart program or do you have to use and track everything separately?

I am familiar with these things, but am curious which companies our members use and if they have anything positive or negative to share about their experiences.
Melody

Want to be a VA? Let me show you how! VirtualBusinessMavens.com
Essential Office Support: Helping you manage, market and grow your business.
Mel
General Manager

Re: Merchant Accounts or ??

Postby htwfh on Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:24 am

Hey Mel,

Frankly, I use PayPal for most (read 99%) of my online payment processing. I've heard a lot of negative things about PayPal, but none of it has happened to me (knock on wood or head as the case may be). Personally, they've done right by me and I haven't had any problems even when dealing with cranky customers and issuing refunds. They're no good for a direct multi-tiered affiliate program, but PayDotCom and ClickBank tend to take care of that.

I don't use a shopping cart as most of my products or bundles can be done through single pay at PP.

The offline payments made to me (local & regional) are cash, check, cashier's check.

Brian

-
The Home Business Owner's #1 Resource -
How To Work From Home Ezine & Blog

Learn How To Make Income the Intelligent Way
htwfh
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby lindastacy on Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:04 am

I've only ever used PayPal but have often considered getting a merchant account. Internet Marketers I trust tell me that their sales improved when they began offering an alternative to PayPal.

I've used several different shopping carts and they all integrate with PayPal and at least one or two well-known merchant account services.
~ Linda
For Direct Sales Consultants: Directory Listings -or- Free Link Directory
Still looking? Find Your Perfect Direct Sales Opportunity
lindastacy
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby Susanne on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:03 am

Can someone tell me the difference between using PayPal and getting a merchant account? Why not just use pay pal? Where does one get a merchant account? I keep seeing references to them but never see the specific names of any companies. I can do a Google search but this is one area where there is no way I'd take a shot in the dark and pick a company at random!
Sue
Susanne
New to Internet Based Moms

Return to Websites, Traffic, and Business Development