Recent Direct Sales Company Mergers

Discuss web design, copywriting, SEO, traffic, advertising techniques and other aspects of developing a successful business.

Recent Direct Sales Company Mergers

Postby lindastacy on Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:22 pm

I just learned that Little Black Dress was recently acquired by Touchstone Crystal, Inc. Earlier this year, Home & Garden Party acquired Home Interiors to create Celebrating Home, and Partylite acquired Two Sisters Gourmet.

Change is often met by anxiety or excitement and, as expected, consultants of these merged companies have expressed both. Some see the merger as an opportunity to expand business. Others are disappointed that their company is different from what they signed up for.

While there are many advantages to direct sales, these types of changes are an example of a disadvantage. Corporate decisions that consultants have no say in, can have a major impact on the consultants' business.

I encourage consultants to market and brand themselves more than their company. That way, if a change occurs that causes a break with the company, their business isn't totally lost. If you have a loyal following outside the specific company or product line, it's easier to transfer to a different company or strike out on your own.

Have you been effected by corporate changes in your direct sales business? If so, was it something you could embrace and stick with the company, or did you move on?
~ Linda
For Direct Sales Consultants: Directory Listings -or- Free Link Directory
Still looking? Find Your Perfect Direct Sales Opportunity
lindastacy
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Re: Recent Direct Sales Company Mergers

Postby LorettaOliver on Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:24 pm

Wow that is a lot of changes. I hope in the long term they are all good changes for the reps of those companies.
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby busymomma on Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:33 pm

I didn't know about PL and two sisters. Wow, talk about an awesome party if they combine catalogs! Two of my favs together. :lol:
Val

Easy WAHM Websites
Pre-made websites, virtual assistance, blog management.

Busy Momma Wellness
Make you a priority!
busymomma
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby KatrinaManning on Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:31 pm

You have a good point and tha works the same in corporate America as well.

Katrina
KatrinaManning
New to Internet Based Moms

Return to Websites, Traffic, and Business Development