How do i advertise my webhosting business for free?

Discuss web design, copywriting, SEO, traffic, advertising techniques and other aspects of developing a successful business.

How do i advertise my webhosting business for free?

Postby adkona on Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:40 am

i have a webhosting business for a few months now and i just recieve enough customers to equal the money i put in to start the business. now i want to expand and get more customers. my plans are unbeatable, i am certain that if more people visit the site they will buy my hosting.

i cannot tell you the url otherwise yahoo will delete this question.

i want to advertise my webhosting business but i dont know where to start. i am looking for a free way to advertise my business.

about my hosting:
i provide more space and bandwidth then any other webhoster. my prices are extremely low and i accept paypal. there are myths that "cheap" webhosting isnt reliable but mine is, 99.9% Uptime. i offer 24/7 Support.

i already posted on diggs and ebay i don't knwo any other way of letting people know about my webhosting business.
adkona
New to Internet Based Moms

Re: How do i advertise my webhosting business for free?

Postby wahm375 on Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:41 pm

I clicked on your signaure, but can't tell if your web hosting business is listed (one is in a language that I can't read). I recommend posting your signature on forums like this. Personally, I like clicking on signatures to see what other members are doing.

Do you have a free blog that goes with your website? I have had some luck with this. I run a preschool themed website and blog. For my website traffic, it mostly comes from the search engines and my blog.

I have also had okay luck with article directories. You can write articles about the benefits of cheap web hosting, how to choose a company, and so forth. Use the resource boxes at the bottom to link to your main business website.

I haven't personally tried social networking websites, but I have heard lots of people having luck with them.
wahm375

Postby lindastacy on Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:01 pm

I think article marketing would be an excellent free marketing method for a hosting company.

There's a popular forum called webhosting talk where you can participate in the discussions and place a link to your hosting company in your signature file.

And yes, social media marketing is also a viable option.
~ Linda
For Direct Sales Consultants: Directory Listings -or- Free Link Directory
Still looking? Find Your Perfect Direct Sales Opportunity
lindastacy
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby Mel on Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:10 pm

The other ladies have some excellent ideas. You could also do some videos to show your customers / potential customers how to use your host service. For instance, how to navigate around in their account, how to set up email addresses, how to install various things, etc. The easier you make it for them, the better chance you have of getting people to sign up for the service.
Melody

Want to be a VA? Let me show you how! VirtualBusinessMavens.com
Essential Office Support: Helping you manage, market and grow your business.
Mel
General Manager

Postby wahm375 on Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:47 pm

The videos are a great idea. I didn't even ask the question and love the response. I could probably do this for a couple of my blogs. I am pretty new to marketing, but never would have ever thought of using videos. Thanks for the great tip.
wahm375

Postby visuals4u on Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:36 am

Try the following:
- Add your business is listed in the local listings for Google, Yahoo, and Bing so potential
neighboring customers can find you.
- Post classifieds ads about your service through Craigslist, Oodle, and OLX.
- Promote your business in discussion forums, like Yahoo & Google groups, where ads are
allowed.
- Submit a press release through a free distribution service.
- Donate a certificate (for a % off) to a non-profit in your area for their upcoming special
event.
- Solicit small business owners in your area and ask them to display your flyer or postcard.
If they are willing, offer to add a link of their business to your web site.
La'Shon
Marketing Consultant
http://www.visuals4u.com
visuals4u

Postby PollyK on Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:59 am

Great ideas! I have to try Oodle and some of the others in this forum. Thanks!
Grow a lifetime internet business that grows with you. Healthy family, healthy earth, healthy income!

PollyK
Proud Internet Mom
Helping Moms since 1999!
http://www.internetceomoms.com/healthyfamilygreenearth
PollyK

Postby lancehibner on Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:13 am

The Odd thing is that you know about signature links, and not about advertising. There are millions of places to advertise free on the net, from directories to classified ad sites to forums.
I think social networking is a great way to start..
lancehibner

Postby spookycc on Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:18 pm

These are all inventive and interesting ways to advertise. I've tried the free sites, but my online biz ads usually get flagged and removed. And now craigslist makes you have a phone number for each "business", so that makes it a little harder to access that venue.

I work with a business called media cash machine. They specialize in teaching online business-people the most efficient ways to advertise your business. From TV to radio to internet sites, they give you lots of valuable information to attract new customers.

Customers are the life-blood of any business. FREE advertising is great, and it can be found in more arenas than you may think. Low-cost advertising in other venues may bring in more quality leads or potential customers.

*Links Removed*
spookycc

Postby KatrinaManning on Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:26 pm

Try Craigslist, Posteroo, Free Classified Ads and Job Spyder. You can also post on boards similar to these on a consistent basis. Find more boards, maybe technical boards that you can post on with a link to your business site. The key to free advertising is you have to do lots of it consistently. Hope that helps.

Katrina
KatrinaManning

Postby lancehibner on Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:05 am

Here are a few suggestions:

1. Write articles about your topic. For example, you could write an article titled 'Things to consider when choosing a web host. " Submit tyour article to the article directories. Place a link to your web site in the signature.

2. Create free blogs and Squidoo lenses about web hosting. Link them back to your main web site.

3. Join joint venture giveaways. Be sure to collect email addresses. Give away a free product, which of coruse contains advertisements and links to your web site.

4. Create a video about web hosting. Put it on YouTube. Encorage people to pass it around or give it away. This is called viral advertising.
lancehibner

Postby wealthwinners on Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:36 pm

There are so many free ways to advertise. The question is how fast are you trying to build. It will cost time or money. If you have the time, there are lots of free ways.

Find one that works for you and stick to that one consistenly for at least a few weeks hammering at it. Building a following takes time.

Is there something that makes your service unique? Advertise that feature and really emphasize the benefits. If you can afford to do it, you may want to do a short term offer of a free first month or something to bring in new business. Then wow them with you service so they will stay.

Changing hosting is a pain, so if you win customers, do what you have to to keep them happy. What will start happening is word of mouth will bring you new business. And we all know that is the best kind of ad there is!
wealthwinners

Postby supersandyb on Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:46 pm

dmoz.org is a free open directory. You can list your business there. The ladies have given some good advice.
supersandyb

Postby JeanLA on Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:41 am

lindastacy wrote:I think article marketing would be an excellent free marketing method for a hosting company.

There's a popular forum called webhosting talk where you can participate in the discussions and place a link to your hosting company in your signature file.

And yes, social media marketing is also a viable option.

I also see article marketing is a great way of advertising these kinds of sites. You should make a thorough keyword research as this business has a tight competition. You should write very catchy articles to be able for this technique to work.
Article writers wanted. Home based. Reliable payment every Friday.
Lots of work.
JeanLA

Return to Websites, Traffic, and Business Development