Any Ever Bought an Opt-in Email List

Discuss web design, copywriting, SEO, traffic, advertising techniques and other aspects of developing a successful business.

Any Ever Bought an Opt-in Email List

Postby jaygirl on Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:48 am

Hi,

I was considering buying a list to complement my existing databases and wondered if anyone had any practical experience of doing so?
jaygirl
New to Internet Based Moms

Re: Any Ever Bought an Opt-in Email List

Postby lindastacy on Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:37 pm

I never have and I wouldn't recommend it. It's too easy to be accused of spam because people just didn't realize the were opting in to a list that would be sold or they don't remember. Many reputable mailing list services (such as aweber) don't allow you to import purchased lists for that reason.
~ Linda
For Direct Sales Consultants: Directory Listings -or- Free Link Directory
Still looking? Find Your Perfect Direct Sales Opportunity
lindastacy
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby jaygirl on Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:09 am

Thanks for that, the last thing I want is to be reported for spam. I guess there is no substitute for building your own list.
jaygirl

Postby dadeon on Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:18 am

Yes I have and my advice to you is DON'T DO IT.

If they could not make money with that list, then you probably won't.

However, Coreg is viable option but there is a learning curve and the leads you get can vary greatly in quality. I've used Listopt before and has some success in selected niches. It's not cheap but if you have a god followup salesfunnel you will make money from it.

Make sure you know exactly what you buy with them though.

Another great alternative is to rent a list. Many of the big ezines will allow you to mail to their list - kind of like advertising. Offer something for free and make sure they have to opt-in on your offer page.
dadeon

Return to Websites, Traffic, and Business Development