How do I increase web traffic?

Discuss web design, copywriting, SEO, traffic, advertising techniques and other aspects of developing a successful business.

Re: How do I increase web traffic?

Postby lancehibner on Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:42 am

This is the most effective means for increasing traffic to a website; offering people something that they cannot obtain elsewhere, or at least, not to the level of quality that you are offering it. Ways in which to ensure that your content is of higher quality than competitors or is unique include:
# Creating content that is helpful and useful. Simply cobbling together information from another website will not generate traffic. You need to offer visitors the information they need to achieve a goal, solve a problem, be entertained, find out quality news or have a good laugh.
# Keep it fresh. For repeat visits, it is crucial to provide regular updates to the website, especially in frequently viewed zones. Add fresh content every few days if possible; at a minimum, weekly.
# Avoid content generators. While these were once the delight of a fledgling web industry, they are no longer useful. Putting your own team's creativity online is what is useful.
lancehibner
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby Epiphany on Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:18 pm

ExcitedDave wrote:I'm starting with 2 affiliate programs and a MLM. I have 3 sites to promote.

But how do I get more visitors to my sites? I'm using twitter a bit and am now in several forums, what else can I do?

Lancehibner has offered some great information that I totally agree with! Good, solid content is the foundation of any website. Once you've got that going, you can use a variety of traffic driving techniques, such as:

Post an ad on US Free Ads. I like to use the "Featured Ads" with a redirect upgrade.

* Find some popular blogs in your niche and join the conversion by commenting on their posts. You can agree, disagree, or simply add to the information the blogger has provided. Just make sure you avoid one line comments like "Great post!" and try to share information and add value to the blog. If done right, people will begin notice you've got some good ideas and will follow your link to your sites.

Pay Per Click (PPC) is a way to get immedate traffic, but you need to exercise caution when getting involved with this type of advertising because it's easy to lose a lot of money if you don't know what you're doing.

* Banner advertising on networks like Ad Brite or My Space can yield good results if you target the right audience.

Join the social network sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. and add your website to your profile. Then just make friends and engage in the community, but avoid promoting your websites because it will often be seen as spam. Just networking and making friends will cause some people to find you interesting and click on your website links to learn more about you.

You can also work to build your natural website rankings on search engines like Google. This requires some on-page website optimization for your target keywords and link building through tasks like contacting website owners asking them to link to you, guest blogging, social bookmarking, directory submissions, RSS distribution, etc.

* Leverage the power of Web 2.0 properties like Squidoo, Hubpages, Weebly, and others. You simply create some good, value adding content and add a couple of links to your sites within them.

Article marketing is another really, really good way to build traffic. Write some articles (I usually write around 500 words) and then submit them to sites like EzineArticles, GoArticles, ArticleCity, etc. If you hate to write, you can hire someone to write the articles for you. If you submit articles a few times each week, the results will compound and your traffic will increase over time.

Choose a few of these ideas, perform a couple of them everyday, and your traffic will begin flowing!

Good luck on your business! :)
Epiphany

Postby JeanLA on Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:12 am

You can research keywords using Google keyword tool. After you got the perfect ones, you can write articles about them and submit them to articles directories. Don't forget to place a link at the bio box of the article pointing to your site or your offer page.
Article writers wanted. Home based. Reliable payment every Friday.
Lots of work.
JeanLA

Postby Melva on Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:34 pm

I have been trying to build traffic to my web site, but it went down in December and January. I plan to do more article writing to give it a boost. Thank you for all the suggestion in this forum
Melva Pratt owns a website dedicated to researching home based business ideas.You can fine out more information by visiting http://www.your-home-based-business-ideas.com
Melva

Return to Websites, Traffic, and Business Development