Twitter or Facebook?

Discuss web design, copywriting, SEO, traffic, advertising techniques and other aspects of developing a successful business.

Re: Twitter or Facebook?

Postby w00w00 on Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:18 pm

I have both a Twitter and Facebook account and honestly I don't visit my Facebook page very often :) I do however have Twitter connected with my Facebook page so any tweets that I make end up there as well - two birds with one stone.

Twitter has been the best social networking tool for me so far - it's just so easy to use. I think that may be one reason why many people that I know are turning to Twitter.

I'm also interested in hearing other's opinions on this topic as well. :)
Regards,
Wendy Wood

Internet Marketing in Heels
w00w00
Great Friend & Oh So Helpful to IBMoms

Postby SassySusan on Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:15 pm

I like both, but it seems FB gets more hits and interactions. However, if I posted more on Twitter, maybe it would pay off more? Its hard sometimes to keep up with it.
SassySusan
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby JeanLA on Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:37 pm

I think both is good. Facebook can drive traffic massively through joining groups and establishing your profile there. Twitter can't give that enough targetted audience but you can still get visitors to your site becasue if the user-friendly interface they have.
Article writers wanted. Home based. Reliable payment every Friday.
Lots of work.
JeanLA

Postby chris on Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:03 pm

I like them both...since I created a fan page as well as use networked blogs I have seen an increase of unique visits to my site:)

Both have value but it depends on how you use it. I have had much better responses from FB rather than twitter, however other report the opposite and even others that say both are producing great results for them!

Best you can do is to keep an eye on both and see how they are working for you and really put in more effort in the one producing the best results.
Image the Eccentric WAHM Blogger!
chris
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Postby Crystal M on Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:36 pm

I've been awol on this forum for forever, but I'm trying to get back on the wagon!
I have both fb and twitter pages for my website and do much, much better with fb. I love the interaction, the ability to post longer messages, the ability to post a link with a graphic and a description. FB actually drives quite a bit of traffic to my site - love it!
Crystal
http://www.makedinnereasy.com
free recipes, weekly dinner menus and grocery shopping list
http://www.makedinnereasy.com/Facebook
Crystal M

Postby Trent Brownrigg on Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:56 pm

I would say overall Facebook is more powerful and gives a lot more options, but Twitter can be very useful as well. No reason not to use both. Just need to create relationships and network with them (be social) in order for them to be effective.
Learn real internet marketing strategies @ http://trentbrownrigg.com
Trent Brownrigg

Postby MsScribe on Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:04 am

I'm having trouble "getting" twitter. I've been on it for years, but I just can't sit there and read all those tweets everyone writes.

I have an FB fan page and, as someone else said, my FB updates get posted on my twitter page. Also, I keep getting new followers on twitter and I have no idea how or why. I only have about 150, and they're probably not targeted to my current field. But hey, I've got followers with no effort, so that's good.

I prefer FB because I can create more of an experience on my FB fan page, and that just feels more meaningful to me and is probably more meaningful to the people who "like" my page. It's not many at this point, but hopefully I can grow it over time.

Janet
MsScribe
Great Friend of Internet Based Moms

Return to Websites, Traffic, and Business Development