Putting goals in writing

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

Putting goals in writing

Postby suzeygal on Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:00 pm

I generally put my goals in writing. I do this with both personal and business goals.

How many of you put your goals in writing?
Susan
suzeygal
Great Friend & Oh So Helpful to IBMoms

Postby Mila on Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:15 am

I do, I need something to keep me focused... I tend to write my goals and place them in a prominent place where I can always see them easily.
Mila
Owner InternetBasedMoms.com

Postby Audrey on Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:58 am

I don't call them "goals", it's more of a "to do list". I have it written. I add to it. I cross out what's done. I always know what needs to be done.
Audrey
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby wah_momma on Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:22 pm

Just posting a few of my personal action steps that I always take into consideration when working on setting my goals:

1. Make sure you set goals that you can realistically reach. Striving to be perfect is not a realistic goal. Striving to eat healthier, exercise more..etc. is a realistic goal.

2. Break your big goals up into bite-sized chunks. If your ultimate goal is to launch a new website before September, break the goal down. Work 1st on asking for others to give you the opinions on possible webmasters, make a list of what you want your site to look like, contact certain webmasters, ask for price quotes etc. They key is to take small, thought-through steps to reach that ultimate goal.

3. Set a specific time-frame to achieve your goals.

4. Write your goals down and force yourself to be very specific about them. You can then refer back to your goals list and you can see how you are measuring up. It is an empowering feeling to set goals and achieve them.

5. (My favorite) Celebrate! When you achieve a goal or overcome a hurdle that brings you closer to that goal, CELEBRATE you and your accomplishment!

Aurelia

Real Life Coaching
www.reallifecoaching.net
wah_momma
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby Vera on Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:30 pm

The one thing I like is looking back over what goals I set and have accomplished, it's pretty cool to look back.
Vera
Great Friend of Internet Based Moms

Return to Getting Started