How to earn successfully online.

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

How to earn successfully online.

Postby sq625 on Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:35 am

The trait that I have noticed in all successful people online is that you have to not only be willing to put in the work (working at home is great but it is still work), but you have to stick with it. Many online opportunities are potentially profitable but may take a while to get them to work. I believe most people give up too soon. So you have to believe in yourself.
What is online writing? Writing online for money can be a great work from home job.
sq625
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby lindastacy on Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:35 am

I absolutely agree that it takes time and many people give up too soon.

I think unrealistic expectations are a major reason why many people give up. It's often hard to separate the real income potential from the marketing hype. Unfortunately, many opportunities make it sound like you can sign up and have gobs of money rolling in right away. If someone starts a business with an expectation of quick riches, they'll be disappointed and likely give up.
~ Linda
For Direct Sales Consultants: Directory Listings -or- Free Link Directory
Still looking? Find Your Perfect Direct Sales Opportunity
lindastacy
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby Mila on Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:04 am

I think unrealistic expectations are a major reason why many people give up. It's often hard to separate the real income potential from the marketing hype.

So true. It's not uncommon for someone to come online and say I want to make 5k a month by next month... things don't just happen that fast.
Mila
Owner InternetBasedMoms.com

Postby ravish30 on Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:03 pm

I totally agree!

It takes time and patience but you also have to set a work schedule and work on your business as much as possible. You need to be professional about and you need to network correctly.

Way too often I see folks joining groups, forums and networks and just sit there and spam their ads away....spamming forums and groups just doesn't work!
ravish30
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Postby mamabear on Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:21 pm

The trait that I have noticed in all successful people online is that you have to not only be willing to put in the work (working at home is great but it is still work), but you have to stick with it.

I think your right, I have also noticed that most successful people are willing to take risks and try out new ideas.
mamabear
Great Friend & Oh So Helpful to IBMoms

Postby honeysbride on Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:42 am

Great discussion. I am really only in my first year with internet marketing and it can be discouraging. However, I am often reminded by my business coach that slow and steady wins the races. I have found that the first year tend to be the building of your business.

I am just going into the 2nd year and I am looking forward to seeing what it will be like.
Talkin' Vegan Cooking and Natural Livin',
LaTara Ham-Ying
Talking Vegan Cooking
This Mom Is Out Of the Socket
honeysbride

Postby DianaWalker on Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:50 am

Oh, this is a great topic.

I think it is so important for new people to know that there is lots of hope to earn money over the internet, but it does take time and dedication, and it does take a willingness to spend money on resources and coaching/learning from others who have gone ahead.

I would not be where I am if I had not been "teachable", willing to learn, and also willing to share what I am learning.

I still get excited when I see income from Google Adsense - like just now, I saw that I got 3 clicks on one site today, and earned $2.77 -- that is still a thrill!!...

So - I think appreciation is also key - being grateful for the small things and then it opens the doors to bigger things!

Diana
I love helping people go from craving junk food to craving healthy food!

Diana Walker, Cravings Coach
http://www.thecravingscoach.com/blog
http://www.dianarecommends.com
DianaWalker

Postby Vera on Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:24 pm

I love this topic too. I agree that many think because it's the internet that it's easy but that's just not true. Takes lots of time and dedication to get it all going and running.
Vera
Great Friend of Internet Based Moms

Postby lwillard on Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:26 am

Yes, I agree whole heartedly. Working at home isn't easy and too many people give up too quickly. That is why our industry has received "black eyes." Finding your passion and committing 100% is one of the keys.

Jumping from the next greatest thing to the next will only lead to frustration and eventually disaster.

Discover your passion, commit and put your blinders on!
lwillard
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Postby cherie27 on Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:39 am

This is a great topic.

I agree with all of you.
It really take some time to see the results.

But you have start the business, don't give it up so easily.
Since all of the Internet businesses are the same.

But whenever i see some small result from my website, i really feel happy and find that all the hard work is worth it. I know my internet business is growing.

Let us work toward our goals.
cherie27

Postby LorettaOliver on Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:54 am

Such a smart crowd we have here. I can't really do anything but agree with what everyone has said, especially about it taking time.

I get people asking me all the time (friends and family members) if they could do what I do online. I say sure, and the response I usually get is "Do you think I would make XXX by next week to pay such and such off with?" And when I say "no" they lose interest. :roll:
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Re: How to earn successfully online.

Postby ladyflguru on Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:55 am

I really agree. I started in February of 08 and not until in the past 3 months have i really had a hunger to do more and earn more. Im still in the baby stages of finding more ways to put in the work for the money, its fun for me plus i have a bit of free time i want to work and earn getting paid for that hard work. So i will be hovering this site scouring for ideas and tips, i go to school at home as well so if i can do it all and get the hard work in im willing to do it for a good pay off, any thread suggestions on where to start making extra money outside a WAH job?
Need to Advertise? Go Noobing
http://www.noobing.com?sid=114
Check out my Blog
http://ladyflguru.blogspot.com
Noobing for the hearing imparied
http://www.youtube.com/user/deafnoobing
ladyflguru

Postby Khanum on Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:49 am

I also liked the thread. i believe that every successful guru who is making 6 figure income per month/year has simple secret: never give up and see every failure as the next step to success.

Most everyday people spend hundreds dollars on various ebooks and business opportunities trying to find out easy and fast way to make money online. But the truth is that they give up even in a week or month and call it a scam.

I think you needn't work hard in order to be successful. One need to work in smarter way to find out his/her own path to online income. And here it is very important to consider your main passion and interest area. When you love your work, I believe you will not give up or become tired. For example, we never give up enjoying our hobbies. They never seem to be hard for us.
25 Year Old Work At Home Mom - My Ezine
Khanum

Postby Marilyn on Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:29 am

The reason it can be so easy to get discouraged is that on a day to day basis you really can't make too much at first.

When I first started making money online I did so at the rate of simply just dollars a day. But through hard work and dedication you can get your earnings set onto "autopilot" after only a few short months.

It's not as easy as everyone would like us to believe, but once you get going and you KNOW what you're doing it's absolutely worth it.
A blog dedicated to supplementing your current income as easily as possible
http://moneyintenclicks.blogspot.com
Marilyn

Postby MargieL on Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:58 pm

I have only been doing my business for 3 months now. I knew from the start that this was going to be a slow but steady adventure. I have just know started really understanding and getting any attention. I am in this for the long haul, beats getting out in traffic every day. I figured I will see results within 2 years, that is my goal. I keep smiling and am happy with my dream. :wink:
MargieL

Next

Return to Getting Started