Surrounding Yourself With Positive People

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

Surrounding Yourself With Positive People

Postby Mila on Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:00 am

I don't mean happy go lucky polyana types - that's not realistic is it? We all have ups and downs and "moments" but overall I believe it's extremely important to surround ourselves with positive people.

Also, some of us are more susceptible to negative emotions than others. If you're in that situation it's even more important to protect yourself from negative influences.

I remember my friend Michel Fortin saying it was like the bucket of crabs anology - when one crab tries to claw its way out the others pull him back down. It's a little cliche but so true. Success often times comes with resentment and jealousy (even from "well meaning" friends and family). And although it draws out the good in most people, it also draws out a lot of negative feelings in others.

This negativity can bring you down even on a subsconscious level. If you're starting out and trying to build up your business surrounding yourself with people who are understanding yet lightly push you to your maximum can do wonders for your business.

Mindset is really important to achieving the things you want in business and life. Negative influences will only slow you down or stop you from achieving the things you want.
Mila
Owner InternetBasedMoms.com

Postby KellyMcCausey on Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:45 pm

Good post Mila.

I might edit the title to 'Surround Yourself With SECURE People'

Insecure people feel threatened when someone they perceive to be on their level begins to pull away.

There have been times when I see someone else's level of success and think, 'Wow, what is she doing that I'm not doing?' and there have been times when I've wondered 'Is she really as successful as she looks or is it just a put on?'

I think it's healthy to spend a little time evaluating yourself in relation to your fellow business moms - but don't get worked up about someone who seems to be doing better than you. There are so many elements that work together to make a person prosper or not prosper in business and the best attitude to have is to be glad for them :)

Give them a Boom Chicka Boom and then get back to work!
Work at Home Moms Talk Radio
http://www.wahmtalkradio.com
KellyMcCausey
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby Vera on Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:29 pm

I have completely stopped telling certain people what it is that I'm doing because I don't get the feedback or "way to go" that I'm looking for.

Who wants to share their excitement with someone that is not going to be happy anyhow?

I don't know why we get caught up doing this, almost like we're trying to convince to them or prove to them. I just move on and tell those who I know will be happy for me.

Plus I love your boom chicka booms Kelly!
Vera
Great Friend of Internet Based Moms

Postby Mila on Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:59 am

Great answers ladies! I'd like to add that it's also not good to spend too much time on the issue or people who are reacting negatively. As Kelly said give them a boom chicka boom and move on!

It's also very natural to feel a little "jealousy" that's a normal part of life. The danger is when it makes you resentful or happy when others don't do well. The best is when the success of others lights a fire under you and gets you moving!
Mila
Owner InternetBasedMoms.com

Postby Vera on Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:04 pm

The best is when the success of others lights a fire under you and gets you moving!
Very well said Mila, I can tell you seeing the success of others does exactly this to me. It's a really great motivator!
Vera
Great Friend of Internet Based Moms

Return to Getting Started