What would you say is the hardest part?

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

Postby lwillard on Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:18 pm

Being consistent! You have to be raring to go each and every day. Doing those same actions. If you aren't passionate about your activites, success will be difficult.
lwillard
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Postby Mila on Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:26 am

For those that have suffered through the pains of marketing, and those who have struggled, what tips would you give others in an effort to ease some of the frustration that many face when trying to effectively market their business?

I think marketing can be overwhelming because we put so much emphasis on the word or actual activity. In reality it's simply telling the world about your business, parterning with the right people (where you both benefit) and so on.

A good idea is to look at it like you have something to offer and people need or want what you have to offer.

The hardest thing for me is being patient, I like fast results and that's not always going to happen in business.

The most important thing, in my opinion, is mindset - without believing in yourself or your business you'll struggle to make things work. It's not even about how good you are at something or how much you know. I've met people who are only "okay" at what they do and yet are more successful than others who really know their stuff... the successful ones are the ones that persevere and believe that they will be successful.

Personally, I have what some would call crazy or even unrealistic goals... it doesn't bother me one bit what people think because in my mind there are no limits - only the ones you set on yourself. Each time I accomplish a goal the same people who thought I was crazy then think I got lucky, where in reality it's down to my mindset, hard work and action.

Either that or I'm a very lucky person, maybe I should play the lottery ;-)
Mila
Owner InternetBasedMoms.com

Previous

Return to Getting Started