What do you feel stuck on?

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

What do you feel stuck on?

Postby soapin'Angela on Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:37 pm

For those who feel their online business just isn't where you want it to be yet, what do you think is holding you back?

I'm sure for most of us we're always striving to improve our business and have something we're working on... so this may be relevant to most.

What I feel is holding me back is my lack of organization skills. I know a lot about internet marketing, but sometimes I don't present my skills and abilities to my clients in the best way (so they know what I have to offer them!) and I don't always organize my time to the best of my abilities. This is something I'm definitely working on for the new year.

I see a lot of people asking for website critiques on forums and I wonder if they feel not having a website that's ready for visitors is holding them back...is that a common issue?
Fire Up Your Affiliate Program - FREE Teleseminar!
http://www.affiliatecommotion.com/2
soapin'Angela
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Postby LorettaOliver on Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:59 pm

Nothing is holding me back except for myself. I know that :? I'm just not very good at fixing it LOL I tend to have too many ideas in my head and not enough action taking on my part.
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby Audrey on Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:40 am

Angela,

I often see posts that say "what do you think of my site". Many many times it's a company site. For the most part those can't be changed, so I'm not sure it's even a legitimate "what do you think?"
Audrey
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby Traci on Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:07 pm

LorettaOliver wrote:Nothing is holding me back except for myself. I know that :? I'm just not very good at fixing it LOL I tend to have too many ideas in my head and not enough action taking on my part.

I agree with Loretta. What is holding me back is myself--that and lack of organization. I'm trying to learn how to be more organized.
Traci
Traci

Postby Mara B on Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:15 pm

I think the things that are holding me back are my lack of knowledge and my lack of confidence. I know I have skills, it's just been a while since I've really tried to market myself.
Mara B

Postby wah_momma on Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:53 am

I am sensing a theme here ladies...lol

What type of organizational help do you ladies need? I posted tons of tips at the IBM Expert Blog http://experts.internetbasedmoms.com/aurelia and have a few WAHMs as clients so I am willing to help?

Lay it on me!

Aurelia :wink:
Become a Real Life Affiliate and earn 50% commission on great products for moms.
Visit me at the IBM Experts Blog
wah_momma
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby tishialee on Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:53 am

Self-doubt, lack of confidence & too many thoughts/ideas without any action. I'm really good at 'talking' about things & even starting things I've planned but then all of a sudden I let myself doubt things and everything comes to a stand still.

My biggest issue I'm 'stuck' on right now is a silly mailing list. I've went as far as signing up for Aweber, putting the sign up form on my website (which isn't finished yet) but now I have NO content for it and am making it harder than it really is! I'm so hung up on this 'content' thing that I think I can't have a mailing list until I have all this grand perfect content...now I don't know where to get it or what to use. AAARRRGGHH!
Tishia Lee
Specializing in Mp3 Transcription
http://www.tishiasavestime.com
tishialee

Postby lwillard on Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:40 pm

Yes, it can be such a mental thing. Most of us know what to do, but lack of organization and some times doubt can hold us up a bit.

I'm really excited for 2008. I have joined Ken Envoy(one of the best online marketers) for a contest and have commited to building two new websites this coming year and getting them to the top of the search engines. Ken has agreed to work with our team and we are sooooo excited. Join us in the contest!

For more information go to http://www.sitesell.com/lisawillard.html
lwillard
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Postby beachmom on Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:08 pm

Confidence for me as well!
That and TIME! I homeschool and my time is definitely split!
beachmom
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby honeysbride on Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:08 pm

I think for me it is believing YES I CAN and asking for help or bartering because I feel like with a vegan/natural living niche I have nothing to barter.!

I had quite a few set backs in 2007 and it deflated my hopes a little bit. But notice I said a little bit. I have learned that when I have set backs and they throw me for a loop, i need to step back, take a break, evaluate, plan and come back with a vengeance.

As far as asking for help, I need to simply ask. I also need to be a little more trusting because I have tried the bartering thing and have been burned twice. Not everyone is like that but it is hard.
Talkin' Vegan Cooking and Natural Livin',
LaTara Ham-Ying
Talking Vegan Cooking
This Mom Is Out Of the Socket
honeysbride
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby mamabear on Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:58 pm

Direction and self confidence are two of my main issues.
mamabear
Great Friend & Oh So Helpful to IBMoms

Return to Getting Started