Advice required please

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

Advice required please

Postby Andrea2125 on Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:05 am

Hi,

Can someone give me advice on how I can combine my interests in animals, children, animation films, writing, literature and becoming an author to create a website that I can earn adsense income with?

Andrea
Andrea2125
Great Friend & Oh So Helpful to IBMoms

Postby Kit on Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:32 pm

Hi Andrea,

I think that you might be putting the cart before the horse if the goal is to get Adsense income. You mention quite a broad array of topics. You can't be everything to everyone. You might want to choose THE topic and the skill that you enjoy most. Do your research and find out if there is a need for what you can provide. If there is, combine those two things to make a great site with a very targeted niche.

All the great marketing folks will tell you that you need to have one focus. Concentrate on doing one thing and do it better than anyone else. Many of us have found this to be VERY true and helpful advice.

Kit
Kit
Admin Support

Postby honeysbride on Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:48 pm

I agree with Kit. There is no way you can combine all of those niches and have just one site.

I learned this year that it is important to focus on one thing and do that well before you move on to the next.

Let me also say that if you want a Google site then you have to have just on focus. Think about which one will make a profit as opposed to what you love. Your passion will not always make you a living.
Talkin' Vegan Cooking and Natural Livin',
LaTara Ham-Ying
Talking Vegan Cooking
This Mom Is Out Of the Socket
honeysbride
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby LorettaOliver on Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:57 pm

That is a lot of information to combine! Wow.

Kit and LaTara gave great advice already. I'll just add to that if you are determined to have one site then I would create a main site, maybe make the home page be a blog or newsletter style page, and then add subdomains, one subdomain for each topic.

so your site would be www.yoursite.com

But then you would have mini sites within that such as

children.yoursite.com
animals.yoursite.com
writing.yoursite.com

One for each niche. Then link to those from your main homepage. Does that make sense?
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby momtohanna on Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:41 pm

I agree with the fact that it is best to be focused when it comes to choosing a niche. In addition I will add it is helpful to be focused on ONE thing because it makes it easier to find just the people who are looking for that information. You will also be able to find specific affiliate products to add to your site for more income.

I would NOT try to combine all those things together. If you started a blog on one of those topics you would probably do well. You will be able to find targeted blogs and forums you can participate in to draw targeted traffic to your blog where you will provide them useful information, build a relationship and be able to sell them products to fill a need as well as make some adsense money.

Good luck, and stick to one thing. No one says you can only have one site. Once you get your favorite up and running you can always start a second for another stream of income.

Jackie Lee :)
momtohanna
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby Andrea2125 on Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:03 pm

Hi,

Thank you for replying with your advice. With regard to keyword research I am having real difficulty deciding what numbers to go with. If using the free Wordtracker trial and going by the KEI amount, it's difficult to choose a niche that way, since the KEI is usually below 9 for the majority of keywords.

Is there a recommended way to do keyword research with a free tool?

Andrea
Andrea2125
Great Friend & Oh So Helpful to IBMoms

Return to Getting Started