Do you have a favorite quotation that inspires you?

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

Postby Traci on Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:41 pm

I always consider myself Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh. There is the quotation by John Burroughs that says, "Leap, and the net will appear." Being Eeyore, I always think someone moved the net. I know that I need to be more positive in my thinking.

For years I have enjoyed this particular quote.

"If you cannot win, make the one ahead of you break the record."
---Jan McKeithen

This quote inspires me.

"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life."
---Confucious

(Edited to add the quote by Confucious.)
Traci
Traci
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Postby MorgansMom on Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:34 pm

"Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb." ~Sir Winston Churchill

I've always liked Churchill, he had a really cool way of looking at things. This particular quote reminds me to keep pushing forward even if I don't end up getting to where I ultimately want to go.
MorgansMom
Great Friend of Internet Based Moms

Postby SandyNaidu on Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:07 pm

I love this one by Dr.Suess...

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”

Sandy
www.DotComMothers.com
Features Interviews With Women With Successful Businesses
SandyNaidu
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby LorettaOliver on Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:54 pm

There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reasoning in madness. ~ Freidrich Nietzsche
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby Mila on Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:40 am

There are so many great ones but I like:

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

I've been in hot water enough times to know that is very true!

I also like:

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore,
is not an act but a habit. Aristotle

Speaking of Winston Churchill there's a great little story I heard some time back. He had one of his writers put together a report of some sort or speech. The writer turned it in and the next day asked - "What did you think, is it acceptable?" Churchill said, "no, you can do better take it back" - and this same scenario was repeated a few more times until finally the writer said "that's the absolute best I can do, I can't make it any better."

Churchill said "In that case I'll read it now"
Mila
Owner InternetBasedMoms.com

Postby BethinArkansas on Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:15 am

1. "If you want to get somewhere, you have to know where you want to go and how to get there. Then, never, never, never give up." Norman Vincent Peale

2. "There is no more noble occupation in the world than to assist another human being - to help someone succeed." Alan Loy McGinnus

3. "I long to accomplish great and nobel tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble." Helen Keller
BethinArkansas
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Assorted Quotes

Postby gojimom on Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:49 pm

Do what you Love, Love what you do, & Deliver More than you promise.
Harvery Mackay

If your Action's Inspire Other's to Dream More, Learn More, Do More & Become More, you are a Leader. John Quincy Adams

Yesterday is not Our's to Recover but Tommorrow is our's to Win or Lose!
Lyndon B. Johnson

Every New Day begin's with Possibilities.
It's up to Us to Fill it with the Thing's that Move us Toward Peace and Progress- Ronald Reagan If there is No Struggle, there is No Progress- Frederick Douglass
Defeat is the Not the worst Failure,Not to have Tried is the Failure-George E. Woodbury
Love's Greatest Gift is it's Ability to make everything it Touches Sacred-Barbara Angelis
Sorry I found alot Quotes on Dennis Waitley (a motivational speaker)site i liked! I like them all!

www.acaiplus.com/designsuccess
gojimom

Postby mommyland on Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:46 am

“Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing.”
- Phillis Diller

"Don't me so prim and proper all the time, enjoy life you don't know these people and if you do they know you know how to have fun"
My Mom
Thank you
Tamara
mommyland

Return to Getting Started