What do you prefer when you opt-in?

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

What do you prefer when you opt-in?

Postby soapin'Angela on Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:31 pm

I'm curious as to what people prefer when they opt-in to an email list. I know there are a lot of people sending out plain text emails now and I do like getting them as long as their short and sweet.

Sometimes I get tired of all the text and now I tend to gravitate more towards the quickly scannable, nicely formatted newsletter.

Really I can't decide which one I prefer anymore.

What do you prefer? Text email messages or a full blown Newsletter?

Thanks! :)
Fire Up Your Affiliate Program - FREE Teleseminar!
http://www.affiliatecommotion.com/2
soapin'Angela
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Postby Mila on Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:28 am

It depends, I tend to lose interest with really long emails. I'm subscribed to a couple of formatted newsletters and really like it.
Mila
Owner InternetBasedMoms.com

Postby Kit on Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:31 am

I vote for text. I like the "pretty" newsletters better but because I receive so much email, I block all the "pretty" stuff for protection. It's a pity that a few bad apples spoil the whole barrel.
Kit
Admin Support

Postby Mara B on Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:13 am

I get both. If I'm not sure of the sender, I like just plain text. If I am confident that the sender is trustworthy, I'll allow the "prettier" newsletter.
Mara B

Postby cherie27 on Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:24 am

A pretty newsletter will attract people's attention more than plain text.
I like both
cherie27
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby LorettaOliver on Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:49 am

I think it depends on the topic. For any crafting newsletters that I get I prefer to see pictures, but it's a really visual topic. With marketing and things a plain text email with a link or two is fine with me.

When sending a newsletter out I always do both an html and a text version that way the person receives whatever they have settings for.
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby lwillard on Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:39 pm

I really prefer the text. I also lose interest in reading lengthy emails. With so much email, I like short, information packed stuff. :D
lwillard
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Postby mamabear on Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:39 pm

I prefer a text email. I like to be able to quickly scan through my emails, so short and informative are what I like the best.
mamabear
Great Friend & Oh So Helpful to IBMoms

Postby Traci on Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:12 pm

I too get bored reading long emails. I prefer text that is short and that I can scan.
Traci
Traci

Postby Audrey on Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:37 am

I prefer pretty, but I want all the information in the newsletter. I hate having to click a link to finish reading. I want everything right there in the email.
Audrey
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby AvParties4u on Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:22 pm

Pretty Is Nice But I prefer the Text..
AvParties4u
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby sallen on Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:05 am

I prefer the text as well.

But it has to get to the point real quick... :wink:
Download My Free Report "How To Make A Fortune From Information"
http://www.shelleyallen.ws/recommends/MakingYourFortune
sallen
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby basbds on Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:50 am

I agree that it depends on who's doing the sending. People who send me stuff because I signed up to receive a freebie or information need to keep it short. People I trust or I know are experts in their area are granted a longer session with my time (I'll be more willing to read their longer emails).

What really gripes me is multiple daily emailings an a continual basis! I subscribed to a guy's list last week through Daddy's Birthday Giveaway - because he was giving out a piece of software which seemed intriguing - and started receiving 5-10 emails from him every day! I don't mind the occasional double mailings, but this one IMer was way over the top! [BTW, most of the contributors to Daddy's BD Giveaway are very good at keeping emails down to a minimum, you can go to www.howtoworkfromhome.info/DBD to get some really excellent small business gifts.]

One of the things I do is use an html email format to produce what looks like plain text. I do it for two reasons. First, it allows me to input a graphic when I want, and second, it allows me to better track my openings & click-throughs. The text 'look' seems to get a better response for some reason, maybe because people are getting to be graphically overloaded? :shock: I do make an extreme effort to keep my mailings relatively short.

Great thread! :D

Brian

-[/url]
Making Income the Intelligent Way
www.IntelligentIncome.info

HTWFH Publications,
www.HowToWorkFromHome.info

HTWFH Ezine
www.HowToWorkFromHome.info/Blog
basbds
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Postby Mara B on Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:08 pm

There is one newsletter I get that has changed entirely. She puts together a synopsis of the content in the newsletter and then creates a "pretty" PDF that people can download for a limited time. You can pick and choose what you want, based on the amount of time you have at the time.
Mara B

Postby jaz on Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:04 pm

small text leading to blog work for me.
jaz
Great Friend & Oh So Helpful to IBMoms

Return to Getting Started