Are you wasting time?

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

Are you wasting time?

Postby lwillard on Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:35 am

When you run a home business, there are many activities that need to be done on a regular basis. There are the emails that need to be answered. Phone calls need to be returned. Then there is writing articles, posting on message forums, blogging, designing a new website, self development and the list goes on.

Oh, and then there are your prospects and your customers. Do they get lost in the shuffle? I'm sure they don't. But, you probably see my point.

Keep track on a weekly basis what time you spend where. You might be amazed. Is the majority of your business spent with non productive activities or is your time being spent wisely? Yes, all of these things need to be done, but it also needs to be prioritized.

How do you spend your time?
lwillard
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Postby Mila on Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:07 pm

Great post. I think it's easy to let the hours slip away if you're not on top of things. I prioritize by doing something that will make me money first and foremost, so reading my email is not first on the list but writing an email message or working on a product is... once some of that is done, I move on to other things.

So many of us are on limitted work schedules because of the kids and everything else life throws our way so prioritizing and being organized is important.
Mila
Owner InternetBasedMoms.com

Postby Audrey on Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:33 pm

Lisa,

Excellent post. I"m fortunate in that I'm incredibly self motivated. I do what needs to be done. I don't have many things I just hate doing. Most of what I do, I enjoy so it's not feeling like a chore or a task.
Audrey
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby jaz on Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:07 am

sometime l find it very hard to get on top of things. but l try my best to do some thing that will help my site grow .
jaz
Great Friend & Oh So Helpful to IBMoms

Postby LorettaOliver on Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:17 am

Doing work as a VA has really helped me in this area because I keep careful track of what I'm doing and how long it takes me. I defnitely am learning to be more focused and by doing that things are getting done faster.

That said, I'm still easily distracted and will find myself finishing one thing and then instead of doing the next thing my mind is off in space.
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby AngelB on Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:20 pm

Great Post...

Well being a newbie and just starting my VA Business I certainly can see things getting lost in the shuffle.

I'm trying to get organized and have started making list. Right now I find myself at several different forums for long periods of time(I'm learning soooo much though by doing this).
I'm also working on my website and trying to learn more on different topics I don't know much about...While this is all good I just need to organize and prioritize, especially when I put clients into this mix :D

I sure appreciate all the helpful tips!
Angel
AngelB
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby cherie27 on Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:59 am

As a newbie, i will plan and do my tasks like submit article, submit links on a daily basic. I will try my best to grow my traffic.
cherie27
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby w00w00 on Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:04 pm

This is a topic that I'm very familiar with. I'm easily distracted when I'm working online and I know that I need to button down and get myself in order, so I'm not spending 8 hours in front of the computer and actually only getting about 3 to 4 hours of work done.

This morning I decided to look for a time tracking program that I could download to my desktop so I can track each specific task that I'm doing. I will then print out the reports so I can see where I can improve.

I'm actually tracking the time I'm spending in this forum right now. :)

If anyone's interested in the free program that I found, which I'm finding is really easy and simple to use, it's located here:

http://www.gieson.com/Library/projects/ ... index.html
Regards,
Wendy Wood

Internet Marketing in Heels
w00w00
Great Friend & Oh So Helpful to IBMoms

Return to Getting Started