What are some good business goals to set

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

What are some good business goals to set

Postby katiebelle on Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:25 am

I have been thinking about setting some goals. here are a few

1. learn to network and build relationships with other women

2. research where the best places are to network

3. make steady income so I can get off foodstamps and provide for my daughter & I

4. get a bunch of steady recruits for my downline and steady customers

5. come up with the $'s needed to do the Moms masterminds training
6. learn the do's and don'ts of business
7. learn to be a internet marketing sweetie.
Where do I go from here? on my goals
katiebelle
New to Internet Based Moms

goals

Postby melmel on Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:36 am

It is always great to set goals and it looks like you know yours. Now let's break them down and create an action plan.

Your 1 & 2 will go hand in hand, check out local mommy and me groups in your area that may work for you and your daughter. It there isn't one, start one at a park near by one day a week and set 15- 20 minutes a day to be on message boards.

# 3- determine an actual amount of income you want to start with and find out what is needed to make it with your business. Ex. how many homeshows will you need to have a week or how many products do I need to sell, or how many articles do I need to write? Ask your mentor to help. If you don't have a business, there are a lot of options on this site and other WAHM sites. Just do your research and make sure it's best for you.

# 4. determine what action steps are you going to do each week to make this happen? Have you created a contact list? If not, start there and decide take 10-15 minutes a day to call or email people about your business.

# 5 will come once you get # 3 moving
# 6 hopefully will be on-going
# 7 I'm sure the ladies on this board can help you.... marketing on the internet is very new to me.

Well. that's my input for what it's worth... :-) have a great day!!
melmel
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby Patrysha on Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:54 am

Not to be picky, but what you've stated are intentions rather than goals.

When setting goals you want to make sure that they are "smart" - that is specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely.

So instead of
1. Learn how to network and build relationships - something like I will join one new group each month that is related directly to my target market.

With goal 3 - set a solid amount. I will make $X in sales by such and such a date - sometimes it helps to decide what you are going to pay for with the $X so it gets deep into your subconscious as you work towards the goal.

As for goal #5 - just concentrate on getting enough for the first month or two...once you start applying the information there and are being inspired by the group it's quite likely that your income will increase enough to absorb the membership fees...
Patrysha
PK Marketing Solutions
http://www.pkmarketingsolutions.com
Patrysha
Media & Publicity

Postby Audrey on Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:39 pm

Katie,

I'm big on creating action plans. An example - your first "goal" of learn to network and build relationships. That's great that you want to learn. Now what steps will you take to make that happen? What is your plan of action to actually make this goal a reality? Number two...researching the best places to network - That's great and I agree not all place are the same. So, how will you research? What steps are necessary to complete this research? What is your plan of action to turn this into a reality?

Goals are awesome, but you need action plans to actually carry them out.
Audrey
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby melodyt on Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:42 pm

Here's a simple formula - Ideas + Plan + Action = Success

Take care,
Melody
Melody Thacker, Independent Watkins Associate

Love Homemaking, Cooking with Just the Right Spice and living green with Watkins products!
melodyt
Great Friend of Internet Based Moms

Postby Audrey on Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:26 am

LOL Melody...you took all the answers put them into a mathmatical equation and came up with the right answer :)
Audrey
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Return to Getting Started