The importance of self care.

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

The importance of self care.

Postby Annette Elton on Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:10 pm

I'm lucky, I grew up with a mother who instilled in me the importance of loving and taking care of yourself. I remember her taking a bubble bath every night, even with my little sister outside the door talking through it, she'd lock the door turn on the classical music and tune her out, which believe me wasn't a small feat. My little sister is loud and demands to be heard
:D

Nevertheless, she took this time every night, she participated in groups that made her happy, she made a point of exercising and hanging out with friends.

My mom, worked outside of the home, raised three girls and managed to go to college all while driving us to ballet, track, and Girl Scouts. She was a busy lady!

Even growing up with such a tremendous role model, I struggle with making time for myself. I ran across this article today http://stress.about.com/od/lowstresslif ... lfcare.htm on About.com and I think I'm going to print it out, make copies, and tape them around my home just to remind me!

What about you? Are you good at taking care of yourself or are you like me and struggle with it from time to time?
Quality, Original Content to Help You
Generate More Traffic, Leads & Sales

www.allcustomcontent.com
Annette Elton
Staff Writer

Postby LorettaOliver on Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:51 pm

Thanks for sharing that link. I struggle with this so much myself.
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby Audrey on Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:13 am

I'm not sure where I learned it, but me time has always been one of my top priorities. When I have me time, it leaves me thinking clearer, being happier, being more productive etc.

I work out at the gym 5 times a week. I go out for lunch or dinner with friends at least once a week. I meet friends for coffee once a week and a wonderful discussion. I attend seminars on topics of my choice.

I'm also mom to two girls and I'm always there to help them, support them, drive them etc.
Audrey
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby lwillard on Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:52 pm

Great post! I too struggle with this. With three small active children, a Network Marketing career, and a Corporate America job (that will change soon though.....WHOHOO), I have a hard time finding me time.

When I do though, it is wonderful. I just need to prioritize that like I do everything else.
lwillard
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Postby Mila on Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:45 am

I grew up the opposite way, my mother never made any time for herself and instead has spent her life taking care of everyone else. So because of that I make it a point to do something for me and I don't have a problem taking the time but I actually really enjoy work so what ends up happening is that sometimes I'll work instead of doing something else!

I try to teach my kids the importance of having a little "me" time as well... because I want them to grow up knowing how important it is. So now I've gotten to the point where I don't feel guilty for taking the time (I used to struggle with this) but just need to actually take it!
Mila
Owner InternetBasedMoms.com

Postby melmel on Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:38 am

Thanks for the article. Although "me time" is very important, I always find myself doing without and always doing for my family. Thanks for the reminder that by taking care of yourself, your taking care of your loved ones too :wink:
melmel
New to Internet Based Moms

Return to Getting Started