struggling with myself lately

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

struggling with myself lately

Postby LorettaOliver on Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:22 pm

I've been struggling a lot with myself lately and I don't even really know why. Things are going okay, I just feel like I'm doing everything wrong or too slow. Time to take a little me time and find my balance again.

There were some lists and sites in my online routine that weren't very positive so I made use of my delete button. That was a big help in the right direction, if I let the negativity in I find myself absorbing it and becoming negative.

What do you do when you realize you're struggling with yourself and starting to head down a negative path.
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby Mila on Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:42 am

I take a step back and regroup. Sometimes it's just you can get burned out or are inefficient so everything takes twice as long. I would start by taking control because you always feel better when you have control of a situation rather than it driving you however it wants.

You can take control by writing a list of things you need to get done and a realistic schedule of how to fit them in your day. Even small things like taking a 10 minute walking break to clear your mind can help. If you find yourself sitting at the computer but not getting much done, then a break is called for!

It's only difficult if you let yourself believe it, so rise above it and tell yourself it's a mood, it will pass and take back that control.... one step at a time.
Mila
Owner InternetBasedMoms.com

Postby Audrey on Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:21 am

I find that when I feel that way, I just need to stop, give myself what I want and it passes.

For me, that "mood" is gone within 2 or 3 days and I'm able to refocus and move forward.

If you can, cut out everything that is not ESSENTIAL. This will give you lots of breathing space and might be just what you need.

Negative energy can drain you, so deleting that out of your life might work like magic.
Audrey
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby Mila on Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:17 pm

I agree Audrey, I do this quite often. Sometimes I just need to step back. I know for a lot that means not working a few days and sometimes losing money but by the time you refocus and recharge you'll be able to work faster and in a better frame of mind.
Mila
Owner InternetBasedMoms.com

Postby LorettaOliver on Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:38 am

Thank you both :)

Definitely time to reorganize around here. I started with cleaning my desk. That helped a lot. And I promised myself I'm going to take one day a week with no internet .... it's drastic :shock: but I think I really need to do something drastic to keep myself sane.
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby Audrey on Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:17 am

If you find that one day a week causes you even more stress...you might consider choosing a time...for example....10 am until 12 noon you'll not be on the internet...this still allows you to be online at other times, but has a very clear break for you every single day :)

We're all here for you :) That's one of the wonderful advantages of communities like this....folks who really understand and relate.
Audrey

Postby KellyMcCausey on Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:51 am

Definitely time to reorganize around here. I started with cleaning my desk. That helped a lot.

LOL! I do the same thing! Nothing clears my mind like cleaning my desk :)

I'm glad you've cleared away some negative input too.

When I need a 'mental reset' I like to watch movies and chill on the couch for a day. I get lost in other stories and just relax and think nothing of my own stuff. Then, a good nights sleep!

Sounds silly, but it really works for me :)
Work at Home Moms Talk Radio
http://www.wahmtalkradio.com
KellyMcCausey

Postby LorettaOliver on Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:14 pm

Well, it's Sunday now. My desk is clean, I had some time away from the computer, I made myself actually leave the house and go do stuff, went to the movies with the kids and I'm feeling MUCH better.

I even slept in this morning! Thank you all for making me feel less crazy :lol: I was at that point where I was the biggest cause of my own stress I think. I just needed to chill out!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby sti1990 on Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:54 pm

Glad you're feeling more positive!
sti1990
Great Friend of Internet Based Moms

Postby Audrey on Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:55 am

Loretta,

Woohoo!!!!! I took yesterday off pretty much all day. I went to a play. I went shopping. I went out for dinner. I went to the gym. I was home a bit and did work just a tad, but for the most part I was gone all day.

We need to do that once a while :)
Audrey

Postby lwillard on Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:33 pm

WHOHOO gals! Great advice. I think we have to to have days when "no work" is involved. It's difficult to not just check email. But I know, when I have a full day of fun and relaxation, I'm so much more focused and productive!
lwillard
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Postby Mel on Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:36 pm

Glad to hear you're feeling better Loretta.
Melody

Want to be a VA? Let me show you how! VirtualBusinessMavens.com
Essential Office Support: Helping you manage, market and grow your business.
Mel
General Manager

Postby wah_momma on Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:03 pm

That is AWESOME!! Isn't it funny when life tricks us into thinking we need to be doing "something" when in reality we sometimes need to do "nothing"!

Way to go!

Aurelia

LorettaOliver wrote:Well, it's Sunday now. My desk is clean, I had some time away from the computer, I made myself actually leave the house and go do stuff, went to the movies with the kids and I'm feeling MUCH better.

I even slept in this morning! Thank you all for making me feel less crazy :lol: I was at that point where I was the biggest cause of my own stress I think. I just needed to chill out!
Become a Real Life Affiliate and earn 50% commission on great products for moms.
Visit me at the IBM Experts Blog
wah_momma

Return to Getting Started