BIG May Issue Newsletter

Here you will find our hot off the press news and announcements as well as resources to help you build your business.

BIG May Issue Newsletter

Postby LorettaOliver on Fri May 02, 2008 3:19 pm

Lovvvveeee the new way you did the newsletter this month! Lots of great information to absorb and enjoy.

If you don't get the newsletter or haven't seen it yet, check it out :)
http://www.internetbasedmoms.com/current-news.html
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby midwestmedia on Sun May 04, 2008 10:42 am

I loved the newsletter this month too! It's so nice to hear that someone else is concerned about the rash of outsourcing "for outsourcing's sake"!

I absolutely agree that outsourcing is important if you don't know how to do something or need a repetitive task taken off your plate. But I know that many people are outsourcing without a great need, which is a real detriment to the bottom line.

I personally like to learn how to do most everything so that I never HAVE to be dependent on hiring someone else, that way I can do something myself quickly and cheaply if I need to or if the budget doesn't allow it. But I know there are people outsourcing extremely basic, small tasks just to outsource and not developing basic skills as a result.

Thanks Mila for a great issue!

Jen
midwestmedia
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby Mila on Mon May 05, 2008 4:44 am

THanks ladies!

Jen I agree with what you're saying really. It's important to have a grip overall for what you're doing in your business... outsourcing early or the wrong way can give you a false sense of security.

I see a lot of people that outsource just to outsource. I'm sure you agree that it is necessary and a great help in many cases but what I don't agree with is people who are spending money on outsourcing without a clue as to what they should outsource, how they should do it... in most cases they probably shouldn't be outsourcing until they know how to make their business work in the first place.

The main point I'd like people to take home from that article is that getting to know your customers and business first is extremely important and outsourcing early can take away from that.

Also that outsourcing is not an instant recipe for success. Many books, including the 4 Hour Work Week make it seem like it is. The reality is that most people who now outsource and have their businessess streamlined worked their behinds off for a certain amount of time before getting to that point... no one talks about that and I think it's detrimental to newbies who may think that it's all too easy to succeed.

Alice wrote a post on the expert blogs about this http://experts.internetbasedmoms.com/alice and I added some follow-up comments too if you'd like some additional info.
Mila
Owner InternetBasedMoms.com

Postby Audrey on Mon May 05, 2008 9:01 am

My favorite article was the copycat one. If someone is blndly copying you Mila, then you've got a great reputation. This means that folks will blndly allow you to lead them even when you don't know you are leading them.
Audrey
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Return to Site News and Resources