Wordpress 2.5.whatever it's up to now

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

Wordpress 2.5.whatever it's up to now

Postby LorettaOliver on Thu May 15, 2008 9:07 am

Have you upgraded all your blogs? If not, you should for security purposes. ;)

Today I discovered something I don't like in this new version of WP. I was approving comments, and someone forgot the second / in their url -- I went to edit the comment and and fix it so they would get a link only to find ..... the edit comment option no longer exists~! :shock:
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby lindastacy on Fri May 16, 2008 12:40 pm

Loretta, you may have found it already, but if you log in to the dashboard, click the "comments" link in the top header, and then click the author's name you can edit the comment.
~ Linda
For Direct Sales Consultants: Directory Listings -or- Free Link Directory
Still looking? Find Your Perfect Direct Sales Opportunity
lindastacy
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby LorettaOliver on Mon May 19, 2008 7:10 pm

Oh!!! :lol: well there it is after all! Thanks, Linda!

I was so used to seeing the "Edit Comment" at the bottom that I hadn't noticed it on the username.
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby Mara B on Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:24 pm

I still have not updated to the newest WP version. I'm pretty happy with what I have, am really a blog newbie and am not sure how to update it without help, and I've also heard some not so great comments about the update. Not as bad as Vista, but almost, in one friend's estimation.
Mara B
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Postby LorettaOliver on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:10 pm

I haven't run into anything bad or frustrating yet with 2.5. There were a lot of changes though that have taken some getting used to. Things that are in different places like the editing the commenter name. Uploading an image is in a different spot now too. I like the new interface, but I'm definitely not used to it yet.
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Return to Getting Started