#1 piece of advice

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

#1 piece of advice

Postby Mel on Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:51 pm

If you could offer just one piece of advice to someone who is just starting out or perhaps still thinking about stating a new business, what would it be?
Melody

Want to be a VA? Let me show you how! VirtualBusinessMavens.com
Essential Office Support: Helping you manage, market and grow your business.
Mel
General Manager

Postby LorettaOliver on Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:26 pm

Don't fund your start up with a credit card .... :? Learned that the hard way a long time ago.

Take it one day at a time so you don't get overwhelmed. Plan ahead, but don't over-think every little thing to the point that you get stuck in a rut.

and...

Don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it.
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby DeenaEsq on Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:50 pm

Please plan, plan, plan. I can't tell you how many people get into business, either by themselves or with a friend, and find themselves in a lawsuit and in danger of losing everything their family has because they didn't take time to set the business up properly. Or they have a falling out with their partner and don't know how to get away from the person because they never had a partnership agreement.

And for that matter, if you think something might be illegal or even bordering on it, please just call a lawyer and ask. Don't bury your head in the sand and hope you're right. Most legal problem could have been avoided with just a couple of simple questions...

It's always worth the time and money now to avoid the heartache later...

Deena

Any opinions are offered without knowledge of the specific law of your jurisdiction and with only the limited information provided in your post. No advice given here should be reasonably relied upon by you or any third party without consulting an attorney who is aware of all of the facts and law surrounding your situation. Any advice given here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship in any way.
DeenaEsq
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby BethinArkansas on Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:40 am

If the new business will be Internet-based, learn all you can about keywords and why they are absolutely vital to your success.
BethinArkansas
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Postby busymomma on Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:20 am

Once you have a plan in place, put it to use! Do not wait for the best time. Do not wait until you have every single piece of knowledge. Do not wait until you have it all perfected.

Business is constantly evolving, if you think you have it perfected then you are stagnate and your business will be in a sure decline. You've got to start in able to get to your goals.
Val

Easy WAHM Websites
Pre-made websites, virtual assistance, blog management.

Busy Momma Wellness
Make you a priority!
busymomma

Postby Mel on Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:15 am

BethinArkansas wrote:If the new business will be Internet-based, learn all you can about keywords and why they are absolutely vital to your success.

I agree that keywords are important but I stink at doing them for myself. I do it for my clients all the time but when it comes to my own business, I'm very laid back about it. I do use keywords but I'm just not overly concerned about whether they are the perfect keywords.
Melody

Mel
General Manager

Postby Mel on Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:19 am

busymomma wrote:Business is constantly evolving, if you think you have it perfected then you are stagnate and your business will be in a sure decline.

Good advice. I think too many times, people get their businesses to a comfortable place and think it's perfect, they don't have to do anything else but let it glide along. WRONG! You have to continually look for ways to improve your business, adjust it to keep up with the ever changing needs of your customers and the internet.
Melody

Mel
General Manager

Postby Nell Taliercio on Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:28 pm

Research the idea well. You'll want to make sure it's a money making idea before you jump in. This may seem like common sense but I think many people think up a "great" idea and fail to do simple research to be sure other people are interested in it and buying.
Nell Taliercio
Legit Jobs From Home
http://www.justonlinejobs.com
Nell Taliercio

Postby cherie27 on Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:17 am

My advice is to be consistent and patient as the business will take around 1 to 2 years to be able to see the results.

Most people think that the business will start earning in 1 to 3 months. It is the wrong perception. It all depends on your effort and time on your business.
cherie27

Return to Getting Started