#1 thing you must have to be successful

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

#1 thing you must have to be successful

Postby Heartnsoul on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:34 am

What is the #1 thing you NEED in a home business to be successful?

BELIEF!
Belief in the product and the company of course, but more so
BELIEF in yoursself that you CAN be successful!

Without that, chances of failure are good.

Everything that happens is a result of your thinking.
Thoughts become things.

Are you focused and positive?Are you a believer?Are you choosing positive abundant thoughts?

Whether you are trying to start a business, start a team or increase your sales, DO NOT FOCUS ON WHAT YOU DON"T HAVE!!! Do not say "My sales arent high enough", "I cant get team member" " I don't know if this will work" or anything like that!!!!

Whether you are trying to become healthier, change your career, or have enough money to live the life you dream of, you have the power to make the change.

Take the time to sit down, close your eyes and envision HOW you want your life. See yourself as a leader or with alot of money or in that house of your dreams. Feel the gratefullness and fulfillment!

Remember, persisitant thoughts become realities! Have an attitude of gratitude! Persistant positivity!! Never failing belief! Do not wish, Do not Hope.... BELIEVE!!!

Take the time to read uplifting self help books by Wayne Dyer, Jack Canfield, Shatki Gawain and more. Take some time to really grow as a person. Never doubt that you will be successful

and if that doubt does seep in, ...recognize it -release it- refocus!!

If you have not yet watched the movie "THE SECRET", I can't urge you enough to do so! It is changing my life, and so many people I know have benefitted from the wisdom it teaches, the positivity it enforces and the theory that thoughts are more powerful than you'd believe.

Ok, so now, make this the year to G R O W...as a person, as a business owner , as a ever-changing soul who is making her dreams reality!!

You have that power

*promotional comment & link removed*
Heartnsoul
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby Audrey on Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:29 am

Belief is much more powerful than many realize.
Audrey
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby BethinArkansas on Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:09 am

I have a different perspective on the Number 1 thing you need.

Developing belief in yourself and/or belief in a product or company will happen after a number of positive experiences.

In the very beginning, you must have a "Never Give Up" attitude. So many people fail when they are so close to success because they give up.

Think of Abraham Lincoln losing election after election. Think of the threats that states would leave the U.S. if he was elected. Yet he perservered. He never gave up.

Think about Thomas Edison who suffered some 10,000 "inventions that didn't work" before he got it right. He never gave up.
BethinArkansas
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Postby jcallahan on Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:58 pm

I agree with Beth. A "never give up" attitude has been something that has kept my husband and I going over the years. However, I do think belief in yourself and what you are doing online is very important.

I also think looking at "failure" in a positive way has helped me. Each time we "failed" we learned how not to do something or what doesn't work.

Jen
jcallahan

Postby cherie27 on Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:24 am

The 1st thing i have is "never give up" attitude.

To succeed in anything, never give up.
cherie27

Postby Mila on Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:23 am

Self belief is important, but as you say Beth that's very difficult to have at the beginning. Success breeds success - and to get there you can't give up.

Self belief, drive and determination - those are my three top things.

And of course don't give up! ;-)
Mila
Owner InternetBasedMoms.com

Postby SharonMcMillan on Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:31 am

All wonderful comments and so inspirational. I would stress what Mila and others have said about not giving up.

Perseverance has got to be one of the most difficult but important traits to have as a business owner. It's tempting for a lot of entrepreneurs to quit after the first major problem. Sometimes that may be the right call, but often times it's not - especially if you gave yourself a realistic time frame for success, and you decide to quit early.

If you've done your homework, prepared well for your business and have a sound business plan that you're following, you've then got to have the belief, strength and perseverance to see it through the rough periods that are (in most cases) an inevitable part of being an entrepreneur.
SharonMcMillan

Re: #1 thing you must have to be successful

Postby AvParties4u on Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:06 pm

Nice post.. I agree, Belief is important.. But I also want to ditto what everyone else is saying
about the "never give up" attitude as well.. It is hard when starting out and having a
strong "WHY" and focusing on that along with the "Never Give Up" attitude helps..
AvParties4u
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby Heartnsoul on Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:25 pm

It is the people that have belief in themselves that never give up.
It all goes hand in hand.

If Lincoln didn't believe in himself, he would've given up.
:D
Heartnsoul

Postby James Clark on Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:06 pm

Recently, I just made the transition from the job market to working from home on a full time basis. Must admit, never really had a job that was difficult. Since college, had a full time position with Penguin Books, based out of London. They later merge with Viking press. Boy was that fun!

Had an air travel card, and travel around the world. When I came home to the states The company gave me a car, and expense account. I traveled through Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio. Later became the regional manager, and move on to various other Marketing Positions.

Can tell you this, working from home is fun also, but let warn you. It’s not what you think it is. A typical day for me starts with getting up at 4:30 in the morning, and making a pot of coffee, and walking the dog.

Hate doing the technical stuff, so I outsource all most all of it. Spend all day writing, and writing, until about 9:30 or 10:00. But, I love every moment. Work on Saturday and Sunday sometimes, but not all day. Don’t watch TV, maybe the news while having a glass of wine.

Now, here is the fun part. The freedom!! Whenever my wife I want to, pick and go. We did it the week before Thanksgiving, we went up to Foxwoods, and stayed at the MGM Grand

Have a laptop, and while she is sleep I work (LOL) well what are going to do? If I had to give someone advice on how to achieve this, it would be this. Just start writing everyday, and keep during it as long as you can. Write in forums, message boards, you name it. If you are not a good writer than take a basic writing course, and get going.

I wrote a book about the mindset you need to have. Click on the link in my signature file, in the mean time if you have any questions, just email me. Glad to help anyone.

Jimmy.
James Clark

Postby Mel on Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:20 pm

lol, Jimmy... I can totally relate. I've worked in factories, had fast paced jobs, demanding bosses, etc but working from home can sometimes be twice as hard & demanding as those jobs. Many times my workday start at 5am and doesn't stop until 9pm. Lunch breaks are non-existent and TV, what's that?

But I wouldn't trade what I do for anything because as you said, if I want to take a day or a week off, I can without having to worry about being fired. I've been able to be home with my kids as they have grown up and the positives by far outweigh the negatives.

Now about walking the dog... if you have time, I have three dogs you can come walk each morning. :wink:
Melody

Want to be a VA? Let me show you how! VirtualBusinessMavens.com
Essential Office Support: Helping you manage, market and grow your business.
Mel
General Manager

Postby soapin'Angela on Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:26 am

This is a great post.

You know, I have quite a few clients who promote the law of attraction and years ago I really never believed all that much in just 'believing' but the more I read and learn about it and APPLY IT, the more things work out so easily.

My number one thing is also the never give up attitude which I would call my determination. Determination to succeed no matter what, that was the only option for me.

Working with quite a few successful people (some millionaires) over the years I've seen that they really work on belief. Half the time they have no idea how things are going to get done and they don't worry too much about the small details. They just zoom forward as quickly as they can.
Fire Up Your Affiliate Program - FREE Teleseminar!
http://www.affiliatecommotion.com/2
soapin'Angela
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Postby KellyM on Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:27 am

I like this thread. Very inspirational. Thanks to everyone who has posted in it! :D
KellyM
Medical Transcription
http://profile.myspace.com/431761719
KellyM
Great Friend of Internet Based Moms

Postby lwillard on Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:48 pm

Belief, consistency,and a don't quit" attitude are all important.
lwillard
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Postby James Clark on Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:13 pm

Hey Mel,

I just want to make sure they understand what they are getting themselves into.Remember, the old saying, be careful what you wish for, it might come true.

Jimmy.
James Clark

Next

Return to Getting Started