Blog, Marketing and Frequency

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

Blog, Marketing and Frequency

Postby SharonMcMillan on Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:21 pm

Many online business owners use blogs to drive traffic to their main business site(s) or to generate a source of income through Google ads, other advertisements, etc.

What are your preferences in terms of keeping the blog beast fed with fresh content on a regular basis:

Do you hire a ghost writer?

Do you purchase PLR?

Are you super organized and efficient, producing your own relevant posts, daily or a few times a week?

I'm thinking of writing an article about how WAHMs in particular use or succeed at using blogs to advance their business. I'd be happy to give you exposure in the article by featuring your business.

Thanks!
Sharon
SharonMcMillan
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby LorettaOliver on Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:29 am

I like to write off the top of my head whenever I can. I've found that not every blog post has to be an overly planned and outlined article. Of course, there's only so much a person can write off the top of their head though.

I do have quite a few PLR subscriptions, including a few from Alice & Mila. I often use that as what you might call pillar content. I usually do some rewriting and tweaking to add to the article and make it my own, and other times the content is so great the way it is I will just use it the way it is because I can't think of anything that I want to change about it.

When it comes to blogging I'd say that I'm efficient, but I don't know that I'd call myself organized. At least not what other people would call organized. Scribbled on post it notes, ideas written on the back of receipts and wrappers, jotting in notepads, and thoughts in the back of my mind make up my blog post organization most of the time -lol-
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby Audrey on Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:57 am

I have 3 blogs. All 3 tend to be articles I've written. I try to add a personal sentence here and there, but often forget. I've never used PLR. Occassionally I'll use articles written by others.
Audrey
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Re: Blog, Marketing and Frequency

Postby tam2005 on Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:44 pm

I have 3 blogs as well...and I try to write most of the content myself. I do post some reprints too. :)
I try to update my blogs at least twice a week...if I have some extra time, sometimes more often.
tam2005
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Postby SharonMcMillan on Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:33 pm

Thanks for the feedback ladies. Seems like most (so far) use a mix of their own writing and PLR. I've never used PLR but when it's customized and adjusted to reflect your own voice, the article likely becomes "your own."

I'm glad not everyone is "organized" with their posts - I'm not. I just printed the Blogging Planner from BlogEnergizer...but so far it has just taken up a place of honor on my desk. Unfortunately I'm still writing posts based on the news of the day or recent conversations. I like spontaneity but what happens when I get busy on some project issue...
SharonMcMillan

Postby LorettaOliver on Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:05 pm

Don't worry about not being organized all the time. To some of us our unorganized disaster is really our organization! (or something like that -lol-)
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby BethinArkansas on Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:25 am

I usually write articles for my blog related to our two brain injury sites and link to articles on those sites. My blog serves another purpose though. Since our book is listed on Amazon, we feed my blog onto the Amazon sales page. That enables prospective purchasers to see that we're still very much involved with the book and the people who buy it.

And we do get a lot of email from people who buy the book.
BethinArkansas
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Postby chris on Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:43 pm

At current I write everything myself on my blogs. If needed I would look into PLR's. I am not very organized when it comes to writing. I don't use an outline or anything like that.

LorettaOliver wrote:Don't worry about not being organized all the time. To some of us our unorganized disaster is really our organization! (or something like that -lol-)

LOL, sometimes I work better when I have no to do list!

GiaPralinsky wrote:I currently have 2 blogs that have generated some traffic and sales to my site. I have seen better results through the ad sites I use though. I currently have ads rotating through Facebook and BizAdSplash. Both are fairly inexpensive, and easy to use.

HUH? What does this have to do with preferred method of content LOL? Do you write your own articles on your blog, have a ghost writer or PLR?
Image the Eccentric WAHM Blogger!
chris

Postby lindastacy on Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:50 pm

Hi Nita,

My recommendation would be to first plan your sales strategy as downline building often follows from customer base, especially in network marketing.

Develop an overall marketing plan and incorporate blogging as part of the plan. Determine what your target market is looking for and how you can provide that for them in conjunction with your products and company.

For help with blogging specifically, tell us a little more about where you "got lost" and we can help you get on track. Is is the technical aspects, coming up with a topic, coming up with content, etc?
~ Linda
For Direct Sales Consultants: Directory Listings -or- Free Link Directory
Still looking? Find Your Perfect Direct Sales Opportunity
lindastacy
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby tishialee on Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:08 pm

Great post and awesome conversation going on in regards to it.

I have 2 blogs. My personal one and my VA one. Obviously it's easier for me to post regularly on my personal blog because I post about whatever I want and it's always easier writing about day to day personal things (at least for me). But when it comes to my VA blog I have a really hard time adding content. In fact that blog has sat without content being added for quite awhile...until recently. I'm going to start using PLR articles because I love rewriting them and do it for clients so why not do it for myself? I'm also going to start using the content ideas that Lynette over at Blog Energizer provides on a monthly basis. As for the frequency of my blog posts my goal right now is at least 2 days a week.
Tishia Lee
Specializing in Mp3 Transcription
http://www.tishiasavestime.com
tishialee

Postby kreddington on Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:05 pm

I try to keep as much as possible on my blog to be my own writing. I feel that people are coming to my blog because they like my style of writing and material that I am offering. If I am at a loss for what to write about, I will search around the web for ideas. Sometimes reading other people's posts or articles will get my creative juices flowing. I will then quickly have something to write about. I also don't worry about how long the post is. I try to keep it between 200-500 words. Long enough to be quality content, short enough to keep their attention.
Kimberly Reddington
President
CereusWomen

Learn the secrets to leveraging your talents and
discover “4 Lifesaving Keys to a Successful
Service Business for Mothers”,
visit http://www.CereusWomen.com
kreddington

Postby BethinArkansas on Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:46 pm

Have you thought about visiting similar blogs and writing a blurb about one of their stories with a link to it? In turn, they might do the same for you and you benefit in two ways: content for your blog and a link to your blog.
BethinArkansas
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Postby thriftycook on Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:10 pm

On thriftconnection I actually just put up an ad on craigslist to find a few locals to blog with me. I found two people so hopefully they'll start blogging soon too. But mostly I just blog off he top of my head when I have time, and I date them for the future.
thriftycook

Return to Getting Started