under one roof

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

under one roof

Postby Denises on Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:02 am

Hi,
I am considering starting a new business venture. I am in the planning stages. My question is... can I rent a store front to house several different consultants one representing each company, under one roof?
Denises
New to Internet Based Moms

Re: under one roof

Postby Mel on Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:58 am

Will all the consultants be working for you or just sharing the space? Like, will you be an umbrella company who offers consulting on various things or are you the store front owner who is renting/selling space to individuals within it?
Melody

Want to be a VA? Let me show you how! VirtualBusinessMavens.com
Essential Office Support: Helping you manage, market and grow your business.
Mel
General Manager

Postby Denises on Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:24 pm

my thoughts are being the store front owner, and renting the spaces out. This would allow the consultants a place to display , a place to have there parties, and. or train a new associate. The space is an ole house. I wanted to set it up like a luxury cozy home displaying some of the items potential customers could order from one of the vendors. I was also thinking of being a consultant for a couple of direct selling products. I just want to make sure it is legal to do something like this. Have you heard of anyone else with an alike idea. If so could you suggest a website or something I can get some ideas from.
Denises

Postby Mila on Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:58 am

Hi, I also recommend checking with your local zoning office... they should be able to give you more info. It's usually not a problem to run a small business from the home but issues arise when you have too much traffic/people coming and going but the zoning office will be able to give you specifics.
Mila
Owner InternetBasedMoms.com

Postby Denises on Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:16 pm

The home that I am interested in is in the commercial zone. What I am trying to research is it okay to sell products like mary kay, avon, pampered chef, and other direct sell products from a store front.
Denises

Postby lindastacy on Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:34 pm

Many direct sales companies don't allow consultants to sell products at retail locations, so it would depend on whether they would consider your business a retail location. In part it may depend on how the sales process is set up. You can research some of the companies and for those with retail restrictions, contact them and ask.

The other thing to keep in mind as you research the idea is that one of the big appeals of direct sales is the low overhead in running the company. Adding retail space rental puts a big dent in the bottom line, but if you have a good plan for bringing in customers you can offset that.

I've always thought that renting space for sales parties might work well, especially for craft and scrapbook parties where a good deal of space is needed. Many people just don't have the space for more than a few people to spread out to scrapbook.
~ Linda
For Direct Sales Consultants: Directory Listings -or- Free Link Directory
Still looking? Find Your Perfect Direct Sales Opportunity
lindastacy
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Return to Getting Started