Starting a booth at flea market

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

Re: Starting a booth at flea market

Postby lindastacy on Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:34 pm

Many of the direct sales companies permit this type of selling. Start thinking about what type of products your target market will want to buy so you can begin zeroing in on a particular industry. Have you checked out the direct sales directory? Even if flea markets aren't listed under the sales methods, ask because as I said, many do allow it.

The directory is at
http://www.internetbasedmoms.com/direct-sales/

I'd say you also want to keep in mind that people going to flea markets are looking for bargains so the pricing will be a factor. Especially now with the economy in a mess.

Good luck and let us know what you decide on.
~ Linda
For Direct Sales Consultants: Directory Listings -or- Free Link Directory
Still looking? Find Your Perfect Direct Sales Opportunity
lindastacy
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby Marilyn on Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:41 am

This is the sort of thing that I would treat like any other brick and mortar business.

I would start out by actually doing some serious research into the markets in your area. In fact, I can break down exactly what I would do step by step quite easily.

1. This may in fact be the most important step. Find out exactly how many flea markets are in your municipality, and preferably even the surroundings.
2. Spend several weeks attending these markets, focusing on not only what is being sold, but also observing the customers in that market. What kind of money does the average person throw around? (This can be very important because some markets can be considered "extra-thrifty," and that's probably not where you want to be.)
3. Find a niche to fill at one of the "higher-end" markets.
4. Start counting the money.

There's probably alot more in between steps 3 and 4, but frankly the hard parts over by then.

I like step 4.
A blog dedicated to supplementing your current income as easily as possible
http://moneyintenclicks.blogspot.com
Marilyn
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby lisamommy on Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:39 pm

Jerky can sell pretty good at flea markets and booths. Let me know if this may be something your interested in. My company I market for allows this and can make a good profit off reselling after buying wholesale. We also get our own website/online store already set up by our company, so no need to make your own.
lisamommy
New to Internet Based Moms

Return to Getting Started