Will we get paid?

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

Will we get paid?

Postby travelmama on Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:07 am

I am interested in knowing the ins and outs of control when it comes to affiliate marketing leads to vendors. The nature of the site I am working on building is such that the affiliates would be smaller companies not well known in the affiliate marketing world. Yes, I will be choosy when making choices for affiliates. I'm just wondering how I can be assured that I will be rewarded for my efforts in marketing for them and if there are certain stipulations in agreements I should look for?
Cara Steele
Naples, FL
travelmama
New to Internet Based Moms

Re: Will we get paid?

Postby LorettaOliver on Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:15 am

I've never had a problem getting paid from an affiliate program. (knock wood) I'm sure there are some out there that slack on paying out, but I haven't come across one yet. I could just be lucky that way though. Your question is an interesting one. I don't really know what someone should look for in the fine print of their affiliate agreement, so I'm curious what others have to say on the topic.
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby BethinArkansas on Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:14 am

Read the fine print in EVERY affiliate agreement. We had one program that paid $7.50 for leads, and we sent them a lot of traffic. We would check the affiliate stats and see a lot of leads pending payment, but would later see that they were disqualified for program terms violation.

The fine print said a qualified lead was someone who made a purchase! So, they weren't really paying for leads at all.
BethinArkansas
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Postby travelmama on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:16 pm

Might be a silly question, but is there a Better Business Bureau style organization that evaluates affiliates?
Cara Steele
Naples, FL
travelmama
New to Internet Based Moms

Return to Getting Started