Where to Advertise?

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

Re: Where to Advertise?

Postby lindastacy on Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:47 pm

Are you asking strictly about paid advertising or are you looking for marketing suggestions too?

(Often people don't distinguish between the two, but they mean different things to me).

For paid advertising, Google ads are effective, but you really need to know what you're doing or you can end up spending a lot of money. Other possibilities might be message board advertising on relevant and busy forums and directory listings.
~ Linda
For Direct Sales Consultants: Directory Listings -or- Free Link Directory
Still looking? Find Your Perfect Direct Sales Opportunity
lindastacy
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby Mel on Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:24 pm

I agree with Linda. But here are a couple other recent discussions on advertising too.

viewtopic.php?f=117&t=62451

viewtopic.php?f=117&t=62341
Melody

Want to be a VA? Let me show you how! VirtualBusinessMavens.com
Essential Office Support: Helping you manage, market and grow your business.
Mel
General Manager

Postby LorettaOliver on Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:31 am

Your domain name is adorable, I love it. I didn't have much luck with Facebook ads either. I definitely agree with Linda, Google adwords can be effective, but you have to be very careful with it at first. If you want a big campaign it might be worth while to hire an Adwords Manager that has experience using the system and getting the best results from ads.
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby tam2005 on Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:54 pm

I network on forums, I do article marketing, I blog and twitter. All are effective and most importantly - free. :)
tam2005
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Postby KellyJ on Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:33 am

Hello,

I can't help but share my experiences with you. I'm new to online business thus I depend on free advertising services for the meantime. If you're looking for a classified ads sites to advertise on, one effective site I know is USfreeads.com. I received a significant number of visitors the first time I tried it.

Since you mentioned Facebook, I suggest you also try Twitter. I came across this after a friend recommended to give it a try. Well it was worth the try. If you can only imagine how many visitors were able to land to my website.

Hope these help.
Explode Your Business Using Twitter.
Learn how to get 1000s of Twitter followers in just 7 days
and watch your sales explode.
http://www.twittermoneytree.biz
KellyJ
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby MargieL on Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:50 pm

Have you tried CraigsList? I have gotten most of my leads from there. Also try Jobvertise, that works for me also.

Good Luck and keep smiling.
MargieL

Postby KellyJ on Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:05 am

How have you been? Hope you had found a good way to promote your website. :)
Explode Your Business Using Twitter.
Learn how to get 1000s of Twitter followers in just 7 days
and watch your sales explode.
http://www.twittermoneytree.biz
KellyJ

Postby spookycc on Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:31 pm

There are a lot of good suggestions here already about where to advertise. In addition to using Google Adwords and Yahoo Search Marketing, I also work with a lot of people who use keyword articles to promote their site and their business.

Keyword-dense articles use Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to land them high up in the search results when people wander to Google or Yahoo, looking for something. I totally agree with the poster who said that you might want to get a google Adwords manager if you're not familiar with the system they use. I went through my whole weekly advertising budget (with a SET limit!) in two days on Google and ONE day on yahoo! Make sure you know what you're doing before you put your money out there.
spookycc

Postby JeanLA on Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:17 pm

You can have instant traffic using paid ads like Google adwords and media buys but that won't be necessary for beginners. If you want free ones, you can write articles and submit to top article directories like ezinearticles and goarticles. You should research th ekeywords you are going to use related to your site inorder to rank well.
Article writers wanted. Home based. Reliable payment every Friday.
Lots of work.
JeanLA

Postby SheilaOcean on Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:42 pm

You can always sign up w/ MySpace, or Twitter...those are decent for getting into a group, and also article marketing is super, but be sure to not "plug" your site in the article body, make it VERY helpful, informative, interesting and/or exciting to the reader...plus the better it is the BETTER chance it will get selected by many sites for posting on their sites (with a link back to you).

Use a 1% keyword density, meaning for every 100 words you write, put your EXACT keyword in there just once...so if its 500 words long, put 5 occurances of your keyword...this is what Google likes for SEO and will help it place well in the search engine rankings.

Also, forum postings, and blog comments are another great way to go. :) Finding like minded sites online that get good traffic, and paying to have your link on there is another way.

Good luck :) Sheila :mrgreen:
100% Natural & Safe lice treatment That Works! - Guaranteed...
http://www.licetokill.com
SheilaOcean

Location: Sunny & Gorgeous Northern California...don't hate me

Return to Getting Started