Monetizing Your Blog

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

Monetizing Your Blog

Postby LorettaOliver on Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:33 pm

I noticed a few people asking about this so I thought I would start a new thread with ideas of ways to monetize your blog.
  • Affiliate Banners and Links from places like CJ, Pepperjam, etc... (you can insert links in blog posts and articles to your favorite products related to whatever you're writing about)
  • Text-Link-Ads (traditional TLA and their newest addition of InLinks)
  • Sell advertising space
  • Kontera or ContentLink programs
  • Adsense
What are some of your favorite ways to monetize your blog?
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Re: Monetizing Your Blog

Postby babynursery on Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:47 pm

Thanks for the ideas. I have been wondering how I should go about this. Approximately how much can be made using Adsense?
Searching for unique and modern baby nursery decoration?
babynursery
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby LorettaOliver on Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:45 am

Adsense is different for every website, and every niche is going to have different rates that it pays out. It's one of those things you just have to experiment with and see what comes out of it.
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby SharonMcMillan on Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:54 pm

Loretta are there any adsense tutorials on IBM that you could direct us to? I'm sorry if I missed it but that is such a big issue for so many of us.

Thanks
SharonMcMillan

Postby BethinArkansas on Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:24 am

Sharon,

The best place to start is at Google Adsense, itself. They made some changes recently in the administrative area about site privacy policies, etc. that might render a lot of previous tutorials moot.

Since payouts from Adsense vary based on a number of factors, it's difficult to predict what niche offers the highest payouts. Plus, what is high today might not be high next week.

Still, the best way to monetize a blog with Adsense is to write good articles that will draw traffic. More traffic means more clicks on Adsense.
BethinArkansas
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Postby LorettaOliver on Fri May 01, 2009 7:57 am

I don't know of any tutorials on Adsense. There are a lot of tips and ideas on the Adsense site. Mostly I think of it as a hit or miss kind of thing, you have to find the placement and colors for your own website. What works on one site, might not work so well on another.
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby lindastacy on Sat May 02, 2009 9:46 am

I think it may be an older resource, but it might be worth checking out this adsense guide (there seems to also be a free offer at the linked website):
http://www.internetbasedmoms.com/intern ... sense.html
~ Linda
For Direct Sales Consultants: Directory Listings -or- Free Link Directory
Still looking? Find Your Perfect Direct Sales Opportunity
lindastacy
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby irecommend on Wed May 13, 2009 11:03 pm

Hello,

Adsense was the first thing I started when it came to making money. I started my first blog many years ago and I put adsense on it. I did my research in picking high paying keywords and I have not looked back sense. My blog still earns on adsense even to this day. You can go to blogger, create a free blog and you can add adsense to your blog....It's a great way to start.
irecommend

Return to Getting Started