How to earn successfully online.

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

Re: How to earn successfully online.

Postby Jenn79 on Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:52 am

Operating a business online is just like operating a traditional business. You are going to need to put in long hours and be patient. Nothing comes easy, but it is worth it when it comes. Just don't give up!

I've been working on Internet Marketing for nearly two years now and I have only recently become successful! I didn't give up, though there were many many times that I wanted to.
Want to take your online business to the next level?
I can show you how.
http://www.workathomemomnow.com
Jenn79
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby StaciJansma on Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:38 am

MargieL wrote:I have only been doing my business for 3 months now. I knew from the start that this was going to be a slow but steady adventure. I have just know started really understanding and getting any attention. I am in this for the long haul, beats getting out in traffic every day. I figured I will see results within 2 years, that is my goal. I keep smiling and am happy with my dream. :wink:

I agree with you. I am grateful for the time I can be with my kids, not wasting time driving to and from work especially with gas prices going back up and no daycare costs. I can see my kids play and have time with them. My family moved closer to my husband's working location and he is now home more with the kids too. It is great - I have only been a WAHM for about a full week and enjoying all aspects of it. I just need to network more to obtain more projects that I can do for others.
StaciJansma

Postby Mel on Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:00 am

Wow Staci, only a week! You are much further along than I was at week one. I was still in a daze, trying to decide what to do and how. :oops:

I agree with everyone else, it takes time, hard work and a lot of dedication to build a successful business & income. When you have mentors helping you, it can be easier because you avoid some of the stumbling blocks, but even so, it still takes time to build your reputation, your lists, client base, etc.

I personally work much harder running my business than I ever did in an out-of-the-home job. I'm more mentally and physically exhausted at the end of each week. Who knew typing could be so exhausting! :lol: J/K - it's much more than that.
Melody

Want to be a VA? Let me show you how! VirtualBusinessMavens.com
Essential Office Support: Helping you manage, market and grow your business.
Mel
General Manager

Postby StaciJansma on Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:59 am

Thank you, I have had great mentors and great advice to help guide me where I am today! I just started my website the middle of May. I agree I am doing good but have a long ways to go to be successful.

Mel wrote:Wow Staci, only a week! You are much further along than I was at week one. I was still in a daze, trying to decide what to do and how. :oops:

I agree with everyone else, it takes time, hard work and a lot of dedication to build a successful business & income. When you have mentors helping you, it can be easier because you avoid some of the stumbling blocks, but even so, it still takes time to build your reputation, your lists, client base, etc.

I personally work much harder running my business than I ever did in an out-of-the-home job. I'm more mentally and physically exhausted at the end of each week. Who knew typing could be so exhausting! :lol: J/K - it's much more than that.
StaciJansma

Re:

Postby AvParties4u on Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:55 pm

lindastacy wrote:I absolutely agree that it takes time and many people give up too soon..

This is so true.. It takes a lot of time to build any business.
You have to find your passion and be very consistent with working your business..
AvParties4u
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby linda1 on Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:16 pm

I have been in business for almost 3 months and the only thing that has kept me going is the support group that is part of my business. I didn't know anything about optimizing my site for the search engines or keywords. The support group helped me out a lot and still are.
Do you think that sometimes we invest in a business after reading about how it made someone wealthy, but then realise it takes a lot of hard work to get your business noticed and therefore will take time to earn any money. I can see things slowly improving but know it will take a while.
Linda
linda1

Postby Kit on Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:50 pm

Hey Linda,

A lot of us get suckered into the get-rich-quick deals. The old saying "if it looks too good to be true, it usually is," really is a good thing to keep in mind. ;)

Keep your chin up. It does get easier.
Kit
Admin Support

Postby linda1 on Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:01 pm

I have just started my business and have found most of the useful info on forums! When I first started I paid out for ads and everything else believing that the next product would be the one to make my business work! I then discovered keywords and SEO etc from forums and support groups and my business is slowly growing. I hope that in 6 months to a year I will be getting a decent income.
Linda
linda1

Postby KellyM on Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:53 am

linda1 wrote:I have just started my business and have found most of the useful info on forums!

Agreed. I learned almost everything about working at home on forums. I love forums! :lol:
KellyM
Medical Transcription
http://profile.myspace.com/431761719
KellyM
Great Friend of Internet Based Moms

Postby jaygirl on Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:08 am

Although the internet accelerates results comapared to other marketing mediums, sometimes things can take a little while before they start paying dividends.

Make sure you tweak your copy sometimes to test reactions and remain focussed. The beauty of internet marketing is that it is infinitely measurable, old direct marketers would have been overjoyed with the quanitity and quality of information available on each campaign they ran.
jaygirl

Previous

Return to Getting Started