Backlinks for Your Blog

Discuss web design, copywriting, SEO, traffic, advertising techniques and other aspects of developing a successful business.

Backlinks for Your Blog

Postby BethinArkansas on Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:59 am

The easiest way to get backlinks to your blog is to create them yourself - on other blogs. Note that this is not the least time consuming, nor is it guaranteed in every case.

One way to find others blogging about your "blog interest" is to visit http://blogsearch.google.com/ and do a keyword search. Then, of course, you must visit the blog and make sure its quality meets your standard.

If you see an interesting post, leave a comment. It's best, of course, if you have written a similar post. Most bloggers moderate comments, and that means the blog owner will read your comment and decide whether or not to publish it.

Therefore, you should make your comment one he or she would want.

1. Begin with a compliment. "Wow, this post has great information about (insert keyword). I really like what you had to say.

2. Reference yourself. "This is a subject I'm very interested in. In fact, I have blogged about it myself.

3. Add a blurb from your blog post. (a few sentences from your post about the same subject).

4. Promote your post. "You can read my full post at (insert link).

5. Add a thanks with an invitation to build a backlink. "Thanks a bunch. I'll be back to read more. Look forward to your comments."

Think about it. If you were able to get 5 approved comments each day 5 days each week, that would be more than 100 links to your blog each month. Do you think that might help your SEO?
BethinArkansas
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Re: Backlinks for Your Blog

Postby jaygirl on Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:34 pm

Its tru this is a great way to get backlinks, content is important here though as Bethin says make sure your post is on-subject and really try to add value to the blog you are posting on.

If you just put a three word reply the blog moderator will likely discard it and think it is just link spam.

Good Look!
jaygirl
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby BethinArkansas on Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:15 am

Good point Jaygirl.

Also, many (if not most) Wordpress users have a plugin called Akismet that identifies spam comments. So far, it's been 100% accurate for me. I'm at the point now where I just go to the Spam Comments page and delete all.

Multiple links in your comments can be identified as spam. Just remember to play nice. Treat the other person's blog the way you'd want them to treat yours, and we'll all be happier campers.
BethinArkansas
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Postby jaygirl on Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:12 am

Askimet is a great tool, had not seen it before. Great time saver or what!
jaygirl

Postby dadeon on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:44 am

Doing a blog search is a good way to find blogs based on your keyword, but it's quite slow. You still need to make sure that the blogs don't have the NOFOLLOW tag which will render your backlinks useless. I've found that most Blogger blogs now have NOFOLLOW tags.

You can do the same search strategy in Technorati - it has a much more thorough blog search and searches across all blog platforms - unlike Google who has a preference for listing their own blogs

The easiest way to tell is to install the SEO plugin for firefox - it will highlight nofollow links in red.

I prefer to use Market Samurai these days. It is the fastest way to find quality blogs to post comments on simply because it gives you the PR and the nofollow status before you even go to the blog.

Alternatively you can use Comment Kahuna for finding good blogs - please don't use it for spam!

Hope this helps a bit.
dadeon

Postby lancehibner on Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:35 am

The more backlinks you get, the more traffic you will have to your blog, and a higher search engine ranking. Here are some simple steps to get backlinks and visitors to a blog.
1. Make a Squidoo lens and post a link back to your blog. Squidoo lens often rank high in Google.
2. Write articles and have a link to your blog in the resource area. There are many article directories you can choose from, just don't use identical content in all of them. Change the title a bit and some of the content.
lancehibner

Postby JeanLA on Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:09 am

You can place your links by giving a great comment for the blog post. Other than that, you can also get a particular post bookmarked on certain bookmarking sites. This can give additional backlinks to your site.
Article writers wanted. Home based. Reliable payment every Friday.
Lots of work.
JeanLA

Return to Websites, Traffic, and Business Development