the best way to bring traffic to a website appart from SEO?

Discuss web design, copywriting, SEO, traffic, advertising techniques and other aspects of developing a successful business.

the best way to bring traffic to a website appart from SEO?

Postby adkona on Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:26 am

I have a website that is only very small ( 4 pages ) and there isn't that much text on each page so I suppose SEO wouldn't be very effective with this website.
What other alternatives do I have? What is the most effective thing you have ever done to your website?
adkona
New to Internet Based Moms

Re: the best way to bring traffic to a website appart from SEO?

Postby jaygirl on Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:16 am

Submit your site to Social bookmarking sites. Also site like zimbio and stylehive can be a good way of increasing traffic.
jaygirl

Postby LorettaOliver on Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:48 pm

Definitely go social networking and word of mouth. Get people talking about your site etc...
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby wahm375 on Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:28 pm

I have had the most luck with keyword articles on my website, but since your website is small, I would recommend submitting to article directories. I have had the best luck with ezinearticles.com. I don't get a lot of traffic by any means, but it is pretty good for only having about 10 articles posted. I also get traffic from other websites and blogs that used my ezinearticles.com article (but thankfully left the resource box and links intact).

edited because I can't spell today!
wahm375

Postby Susanne on Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:06 pm

I just learned about a really neat way to find ways and places to build links back to your site:

Go to Google and type in a keyword that you want to rank for, putting the words in quotation marks. Depending on how much time you have, do the following steps for each site that comes up in the search results:

In the Google search bar type this - site:competitors site name goes here.com, yourkeyword
the search return will tell you everywhere your competition has used that keyword in conjunction with a link back to their site. There might be a few hundred results, there might be thousands, depending on how big the competitor is.

Now you can go to each of those sites and see if there is a way for you to contribute some content and include a back link to your own site.

I found some wonderful, very targeted sites that allow you to have your own blog within their site. This is a way to get your link on a high authority site.

You might want to upload wordpress to your domain as http://www.yoursite.com/blog and do regular posts to your blog as a way to add content.
Susanne

Postby lancehibner on Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:02 am

Create links and posts in forums and blogs. Submit your site to directories. Make it SEO friendly.
lancehibner

Postby lancehibner on Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:49 am

if the site has the appropriate keywords and enough quality inbound links, it can still do well.
But the best way is to provide a compelling reason for visitors to keep returning to your site, which is not very likely with a 4 page website.
lancehibner

Postby JeanLA on Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:16 am

You can still get website traffic from social networking sites by joining and participating in groups like facebook and myspace. Also, giving good tips and posts at twitter will give you good followers.
Article writers wanted. Home based. Reliable payment every Friday.
Lots of work.
JeanLA

Postby JeanLA on Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:29 am

adkona wrote:I have a website that is only very small ( 4 pages ) and there isn't that much text on each page so I suppose SEO wouldn't be very effective with this website.
What other alternatives do I have? What is the most effective thing you have ever done to your website?

SEo is still the best for this kind of mini site. You can research keywords and write articles about them and submit them to article directories. These can't just improve the rankings of the pages, but also can bring extra traffic through the articles themselves.
Article writers wanted. Home based. Reliable payment every Friday.
Lots of work.
JeanLA

Return to Websites, Traffic, and Business Development