How do you get your blog NOTICED?

Discuss web design, copywriting, SEO, traffic, advertising techniques and other aspects of developing a successful business.

Re: How do you get your blog NOTICED?

Postby linda1 on Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:39 am

I have had the same problem. Have you tried optimizing your blogs with keyword phrases? Blog each day and aim for a different set of keywords in each post.
Also, submit to blog directories. Could a group of you with similar businesses comment on each others blogs? Also, commenting on blogs and forums should help. Hope this is some use
Linda
linda1
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby jaygirl on Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:30 pm

Have you looked into the traffic levels of the keywords you are trying to get noticed for? Also submit your blog with Social Bookmarking sites.

Also submit articles about your subject matter to sites like ezinearticles etc. they allow you to place anchor text in the article assisting SEO for your chosen keyphrases.
jaygirl

Postby jaygirl on Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:30 am

Blogcatalog and blogtopsites are both worth submitting you blogs to.

Get some articles out there on some of the free services.
jaygirl

Postby lancehibner on Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:53 am

For noticed your blog place the link and description of your blog in your signature, so that any posts to Forums, Outgoing Emails, Autoresponder Courses, etc, will promote your blog. And Post a link and description of your blog on each of your sites.
lancehibner

Postby KatrinaManning on Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:17 pm

Have you tried Technorati? It's a good place to advertise your blog. You can also post links to it on Yahoo Answers on topics related to your blog, but use that only sparingly otherwise, it might be considered spam. You can also advertise on Craigslist.
KatrinaManning

Postby dadeon on Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:25 am

Typepad should be pretty well optimized for SEO.

Have you set your description and your tags?

You need to build links if you want to get noticed by search engines, but if you just want to get noticed in your niche, then I've got a great idea for you. It works really well for more general type blogs.

- Make a list of the 10 blogs that you like most and where your readers hang out all the time.
- Write the best article you've ever written and contact the blog owners - asking them to publish your post. Don't include any backlinks.
- When they do publish your post, ask them for a guest blogging spot on their blog. Most of the mega blogs have several guest bloggers. As a guest blogger you can have a little blurb at the end of each one of your posts. As you start building your fanbase they will start "migrating" to your blog.

It's quite a slow process, but if you are a good writer or a real expert in your field, the this works like a bomb.
dadeon

Postby KatrinaManning on Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:23 pm

Try Technorati and advertise everywhere you can. Submit your URL to Google, Digg, Yahoo, Backflip and so on. It takes about 6 months of posting at least twice a day for Google to really recognize your blog. Also, stick to a niche and provide quality content prospects would be attracted to. Hope that helps.

Katrina
KatrinaManning

Postby dadeon on Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:49 am

femmes07 wrote:I've just a little research on this, it's a quite summaized but i just hope you can get something from the ff. tips:

Submit your blog to 100's of free blog directories.
Leave comments on other people's blogs with backlink to your site.
Post in forums and have a link to your site in your signature.
Advertise your website in the appropriate category websites Free Ads Website.
Give an unbiased testimonial on a product/service that you have used in exchange for a
backlink to your site.
Optimize each page of your website for a particular keyword or search phrase.
Manually submit your website to the major search engines.

i just hope the above information could give some help...

All seems good, but I won't recommend manually submitting to search engines. It's much better to let them find you and if you build links they will find you.
dadeon

Postby jaygirl on Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:05 am

make sure you draw up a list of high traffic keyphrases, then research them in terms of competition.

Use google adwords, wordtracker or overture for your research. Then optimize your site for each of the best keyphrases using - article submission, press release articles, social bookmarking, blog posting, forum signatures, classified ads etc.
jaygirl

Postby lancehibner on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:50 am

Are you part of any social sites? MySpace, Twitter, Facebook, etc.? Whenever you make a blog post make a mention of it. You could also join some forums that deal with things your blog deals with and put the blog link in your signature. Then just enjoy the forum and when you have something to ad or a question to ask do, and your link will be there for people to see.
lancehibner

Postby JeanLA on Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:12 am

You can do basic offsite SEO by giving enough backlinks to your site. This can be done by bookmarking and article marketing.
Article writers wanted. Home based. Reliable payment every Friday.
Lots of work.
JeanLA

Postby adarnold on Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:22 pm

Thanks for the tips, I really need to get more traffic to my blog so I'll be trying all these great suggestions.
adarnold

Postby SassySusan on Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:56 pm

I've found that all social networking (I include blogs in this) go hand in hand. Advertise your blog on FB, Myspace, Twitter, etc. Facebook has a Networked Blog app that is pretty cool. Good luck!
SassySusan

Postby JeanLA on Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:36 pm

femmes07 wrote:I've just a little research on this, it's a quite summaized but i just hope you can get something from the ff. tips:

Submit your blog to 100's of free blog directories.
Leave comments on other people's blogs with backlink to your site.
Post in forums and have a link to your site in your signature.
Advertise your website in the appropriate category websites Free Ads Website.
Give an unbiased testimonial on a product/service that you have used in exchange for a
backlink to your site.
Optimize each page of your website for a particular keyword or search phrase.
Manually submit your website to the major search engines.

i just hope the above information could give some help...

This would definitely help. Leaving useful comments on other blogs can give you enough backlinks and if other reader like it they may click on the link and go to your site.
Article writers wanted. Home based. Reliable payment every Friday.
Lots of work.
JeanLA

Previous

Return to Websites, Traffic, and Business Development