Business Satisfaction

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

Business Satisfaction

Postby Kit on Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:26 am

What parts of your business give you the most satisfaction (besides the paycheck :P )?

Although there are many aspects of my business which give me a sense of satisfaction, I think I would have to name drawing/graphics as the #1 thing on my list. In addition, there is the pleasure when someone else shows that they like my designs by purchasing an item.

I also get a lot of satisfaction from helping others to learn something new. That must be the teacher side of me coming out. ;)
Kit
Admin Support

Postby Mila on Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:28 am

Great post Lace. I really feel good when I get an email from someone thanking me for helping them and knowing i'm contributing to people in some way.

Years ago I used to think busines was all about the money but the more I learn and "age" the more I realize you need something else to really keep you going, interested and looking at your business from a fresh perspective... you know that feeling when you wake up and think I love what I do. Money alone doesn't do that for me.

I need to feel I've achieved something positive (given back in some way) and challenge myself regularly.
Mila
Owner InternetBasedMoms.com

Postby Kit on Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:41 am

Mila, you and I seem to be thinking along the same lines...again! :D

I draw because I enjoy it. I've been drawing since I was 4 years old. I don't draw for profit. That is a secondary benefit. My business simply incorporates my designs in a way that other people might find useful. Even if I never sold another product with a design, I would still be drawing for my own pleasure.
Kit
Admin Support

Postby Mila on Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:58 am

Mila, you and I seem to be thinking along the same lines...again!

I thought the same thing when I read your post!
Mila

Postby Kit on Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:14 am

ROFL! Well, you know what they say, "Great minds think alike" I always like to point out that there is more to that quote, "...and fools seldom differ." I choose to believe that we are members of the "great mind" portion of that. ;)
Kit
Admin Support

Postby Mara B on Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:32 pm

You know, in all the years I've heard that saying, I've never heard the other portion of it. :lol: My mom always told me "Great minds run on the same tracks, or in the same gutters." But, I'm sure THAT wasn't a direct quote. :D
Mara B
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Postby Kit on Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:57 pm

I like your mom's version! lol
Kit
Admin Support

Postby soapin'Angela on Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:44 am

haha - Yes I like your moms version !

The thing I think I get the most satisfaction from is when I've done work from a client and they are super happy with it and it gets them results! I also love it when I get to build relationships with clients and get to know them on a more personal level, it's just really enjoyable to have people I would consider my friends to work with :)
Fire Up Your Affiliate Program - FREE Teleseminar!
http://www.affiliatecommotion.com/2
soapin'Angela

Postby Mara B on Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:42 pm

I would definitely think the realization that your work helped a client would be very satisfying. I think I could handle that. :) I'm a behind-the-scenes kind of person, so I like watching others shine.
Mara B

Postby Mel on Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:51 pm

I get a lot of satisfaction from knowing that the work I do is helping other moms have extra time for their families or for whatever they want to do.

DH is always teasing me about winning the lottery. He says I'd still go to work every day even if I won millions and he's probably right. He on the other hand, would give notice to his boss and never work another day. :lol:
Melody

Want to be a VA? Let me show you how! VirtualBusinessMavens.com
Essential Office Support: Helping you manage, market and grow your business.
Mel
General Manager

Postby tishialee on Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:56 pm

I like it when a client sends me an email saying that my work got them results - that's such a great feeling.

Getting to know people on a more personal level is also satisfying - I'm such a people person and knowing someone other than just as a 'client' makes my heart happy :-)

And another thing I LOVE in my business is transcribing! When I sit down to transcribe something it's like I'm lost in my own little world and there's nothing around me - just me, my fingers flying across the keyboard, my headphones and whatever audio I'm transcribing. Some people think I'm nuts - LOL! But I love typing and this is my thing :-)
Tishia Lee
Specializing in Mp3 Transcription
http://www.tishiasavestime.com
tishialee

Postby Mila on Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:16 am

And another thing I LOVE in my business is transcribing! When I sit down to transcribe something it's like I'm lost in my own little world and there's nothing around me - just me, my fingers flying across the keyboard, my headphones and whatever audio I'm transcribing

As a transcriptionists, I will tell you there is just something about transcribing. Even now, that I do other things every once in a while I will take a transcription job because I actually enjoy the whole process... it's very strange!
Mila

positive feedback

Postby heymannyc on Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:05 pm

More than getting paid - I love to hear that someone was touched by my work.

jill - the poem lady
www.thepoemlady.com
heymannyc
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby cinderella on Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:59 am

Lace wrote:I like your mom's version! lol
cinderella
New to Internet Based Moms

Return to Getting Started