Do you submit articles?

Discuss web design, copywriting, SEO, traffic, advertising techniques and other aspects of developing a successful business.

Do you submit articles?

Postby soapin'Angela on Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:37 am

I recently got a new client from submitting articles and I really haven't done a lot of submissions for the site he came to so I am definitely a believer that it works. You just have to have the right audience at the right time and send them to the right place - your website.

I'm wondering who else here does article submissions? Where do you submit them too? Just a few sites like EzineArticles, iSnare, etc. or a whole bunch?

I've been submitting to most of the major sites and then a bunch of other small quality sites too. I think it doesn't hurt to get your articles into as many places as possible because you never know who might come across it and where.
Fire Up Your Affiliate Program - FREE Teleseminar!
http://www.affiliatecommotion.com/2
soapin'Angela
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Postby Nell Taliercio on Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:44 pm

I never have for my service business, but of course use it for my passive businesses.

Congrats on getting a client that way! Bet you'll be keeping up your article marketing efforts. :lol:

I submit to the major ones. I used to do a bunch of sites, but I'd rather just spend my time on a few quality sites.
Nell Taliercio
Legit Jobs From Home
http://www.justonlinejobs.com
Nell Taliercio

Postby Mel on Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:50 pm

Congrats on the new client!

I haven't done any article marketing for myself in a long time but I do think it works well if done right. I think submitting to 5, 10 or even 20 targeted sites is okay but to go beyond that, probably doesn't justify the time spent submitting.

Several times, I've submitted a single article to 200+ sites for clients. They won't listen to the quality over quantity reasoning so I do it their way... without fancy software. One at a time, copy - paste. :shock:
Melody

Want to be a VA? Let me show you how! VirtualBusinessMavens.com
Essential Office Support: Helping you manage, market and grow your business.
Mel
General Manager

Postby tishialee on Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:57 pm

Mel I know what you are talking about - although I've never submitted to 200+ sites (thank GOSH!!!! LOL) and I do it without software also.

Angela congrats on getting a new client via article marketing - super cool!

I don't do article marketing for myself, although I should. I love writing but for some reason when it comes to writing an article I just can't seem to do it....LOL.
Tishia Lee
Specializing in Mp3 Transcription
http://www.tishiasavestime.com
tishialee

Postby soapin'Angela on Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:33 am

Wow that's a great point about submitting quality over quantity. I've got a list of abut 30 great quality sites and that's what I usually submit for clients too.
soapin'Angela

Postby Mila on Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:34 am

Congrats on the new client! I used to submit to like 15 sites but now am only submitting to a handful of top sites... and that's working well. I also use a few niche article directories for certain sites.
Mila
Owner InternetBasedMoms.com

Postby ebay_addict on Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:58 pm

Articles- Yes, I submit to ezinearticles.com. Whenever I create a new website, I write a 500 page article about the product I'm selling. Ezine articles does pretty well in the search engines too, so after a few days of writing my article, I usually see that google has indexed it on the first page of google ( if i'm lucky!) I don't really bother with any of the other article sites. Searchwarp is another good one.
My Online Income System- Step-by-Step instructions on how to make money online
ebay_addict
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby beachmom on Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:12 am

LOL, I just asked on another post about how I would go about submitting an article and then I found this post! I am going to check out the ezine link. But, I really don't understand what to do after that. Do they just let you write an article and put it on their site?? Yep, I'm clueless, lol.
beachmom
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby soapin'Angela on Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:23 pm

Yes, you have to sign up for EzineArticles.com and submit. The best way to get an idea is to go over there and just start browsing through the articles in your niche....... have a look at the titles, the body, and also check out how people do their bios and see what attracts you to them.

I'm curious if anyone has used Article Marketer for their submissions. I do understand the quality over quantity theory but I think that the more links you do have out there the more chance the right person with the right newsletter, etc, might just stumble upon it.

So, I know Article Marketer submits to a lot (not sure how many) for a single yearly fee. I guess my only concern would be to make sure the articles they submit are actually getting approved.

This would be a great service I could offer my clients if I did sign up as I think they allow you to submit an unlimited number of articles.
soapin'Angela

Postby Mara B on Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:46 pm

Angela, do you think it's ethical to use the same sites you submit to for your clients for your own personal work? Or do you try to steer clear of submitting articles for yourself at those sites?
Mara B

Postby tishialee on Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:12 am

Mara,

I'm not Angela but I'll put my two cents is. I don't think it's wrong for you to submit to the same places you submit to for your clients. I have accounts set up at pretty much most of the same directories that I submit to for my clients.
Tishia Lee
Specializing in Mp3 Transcription
http://www.tishiasavestime.com
tishialee

Postby Kit on Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:18 am

Mara, you know I have an opinion on nearly everything so here are my thoughts too. :P

do you think it's ethical to use the same sites you submit to for your clients for your own personal work?

Yes it's ethical. If you don't submit your own work to a site just because a client uses it, you are practically giving away a goldmine of opportunities. Clients often factor in your success in your own business when they ask you to do something for them. One example is Angela's article. ;)

When you find a good quality "anything", it is a good idea to introduce it to your clients and friends. That is one way to build a good reputation and gain a client's trust. When you recommend an item to people, you better know what it's about and how it works! Your reputation may be on the line.

*gets off soapbox* :D
Kit
Admin Support

Postby sti1990 on Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:29 pm

Wow Mel...200 + article submissions without software! Hope you were paid well!

Angela,
That's awesome you got a new client with an article!

Mara,
As for ethics, I think if you took an article that you wrote for a client, tweeked it a bit and THEN submitted it as your own, THAT would be unethical. But if you're writing for different niches then I think it would be fine to use the same directories.

I understand the purpose of article marketing and I do enjoy writing but I don't write quickly and I get caught up in my article being perfect. Not sure if there's any way to get over that but I'm amazed at how many articles some people can pump out!
sti1990
Great Friend of Internet Based Moms

Postby Mel on Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:49 pm

oh yeah, I was paid well each time but I still can't say it was worth it. :lol:

Mara ~ I don't see anything wrong with it either. As the other ladies have pointed out, both you and your client's should take advantage of using the quality sites.

The only time it would be unethical is if say your client paid for premium submission credits or to join a particular site and you submitted your personal work under their account without permission or something along those lines.

Or say a client paid you to develop a specialized list for them and you in turn used it for all your clients and yourself. That wouldn't be ethical since the list actually belongs to the client who paid you to develop it.

But as long as the list belongs to you, then you can use it for all your client's as well as yourself.
Melody

Want to be a VA? Let me show you how! VirtualBusinessMavens.com
Essential Office Support: Helping you manage, market and grow your business.
Mel
General Manager

Postby Kit on Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:06 am

Hmmm, when I replied the first time I never even considered some of the unethical things others brought up. I guess my mind knew they were such huge no-nos that I just skipped right over them.

I guess now we need to know what you thought might be unethical and where your confusion came in. There might be more that we can speak to if we knew that. ;)
Kit
Admin Support

Next

Return to Websites, Traffic, and Business Development