Do You Have a Mentor?

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

Do You Have a Mentor?

Postby soapin'Angela on Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:33 am

This is kinda along the lines of my other post, but with a positive spin ;)

I struggled for a long time to get my online business going, and making real money on the internet. It wasn't until I starting really looking to other people for advice and really listening to what they had to stay that my business luck turned around and I started to see profits.

I think have a Mentor (or Mentors) is SOOO important to your success online. It's so easy to get off track, and get distracted by a 'shiny object' so having people who know and share your goals really helps keep you going in the direction you want to go.

My mentors right now include so many ladies at Mom Masterminds, and also some VA's who are very successful and have taken their businesses to a higher level.

Do you have a mentor or mentors? How have they changed your business?
Fire Up Your Affiliate Program - FREE Teleseminar!
http://www.affiliatecommotion.com/2
soapin'Angela
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Postby Mara B on Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:46 pm

I've just joined Mom Masterminds, so I'm hoping that I'll avoid some more stupid decisions, and am really looking forward to learning from everyone there. I'm already learning about things I had no idea about. The best is yet to come. ;)
Mara B

Postby tishialee on Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:20 pm

It is important to have mentors and even listening to some of the top successful people out there reminds me how important mentors are. Like at Kelly's Hot Seminar Series when Lorrie Morgan-Ferrero spoke she talked about having mentors in the beginning & still having them today!

I need to get my butt back over to Mom Masterminds and take advantage of the mentoring that's going on there! It truly is a wonderful place to receive advice/help/support and even to build friendships!
Tishia Lee
Specializing in Mp3 Transcription
http://www.tishiasavestime.com
tishialee

Postby soapin'Angela on Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:24 pm

Yes Tishia come back! You know I don't think I've seen you around since I've been there and I've been there almost a year :lol:

So glad you joined Mara, it's a fantastic support group and I know I wouldn't be where I am now without awesome Mentors!
soapin'Angela

Postby tishialee on Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:42 am

I don't know how long it's been since I've been to MM, hopefully not a year - GEESH!
Tishia Lee
Specializing in Mp3 Transcription
http://www.tishiasavestime.com
tishialee

Postby Mara B on Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:39 pm

Don't kick yourself too hard, Tishia. I'm sure that life sometimes throws us all a curve ball from time to time, and keeps us from doing things we would prefer to be doing. Hopefully I'll see you around over there, though. ;)
Mara B

Mentor

Postby jada2002 on Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:02 pm

Hi everyone,
I think having a mentor is important regardless
what job you have. learning,sharing,making great
friends are part of mentoring.I don't have one,so
please tell me how to get one.

Don't give up and don't give in.
jada2002
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby Mila on Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:53 pm

Like at Kelly's Hot Seminar Series when Lorrie Morgan-Ferrero spoke she talked about having mentors in the beginning & still having them today!

I'm the same, I've always had mentors and probably always will. You can never know too much.

That's great you joined MM Mara, and hope to see you there soon Tishia!
Mila
Owner InternetBasedMoms.com

Postby soapin'Angela on Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:03 pm

I don't have one,so
please tell me how to get one.

Jada, My mentors are people who I admire and aspire to be like.

Are there any people in your industry that really stand out to you as people you'd like to be around and learn from?

I've found that there are so many successful people who are willing to talk to you and help with advice if you only just seek out what they have to offer.

Some offer podcasts, teleseminars, membership sites, etc... and many will respond to emails if you send them with specific questions. Look on blogs and websites and sign up for mailing lists of people who inspire you to be a better business person.

If you are looking to work at home, I highly recommend Mom Masterminds to find some amazing mentors. I did a video about my experience here: http://www.angelawills.com
soapin'Angela

Postby Mara B on Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:07 pm

I went to your site and checked out your video. It's so nice being able to put a voice and face to people I talk to online. ;)

I'm just now reading, listening, and trying to understand the website information. There's SO much there. I'm glad this isn't a timed test. With my husband, two kids, church, and online work, it's not always easy to spend the quality time I need to on these topics.
Mara B

Postby soapin'Angela on Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:27 am

I went to your site and checked out your video. It's so nice being able to put a voice and face to people I talk to online.

Thanks Mara, I dont' know why I love doing the videos so much but they are so much fun! Maybe I just need my '5 seconds of fame' or whatever it's called LOL!
soapin'Angela

Postby cherie27 on Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:53 am

I don't have a mentor, but i have 6 mentors.
Those mentors are the ones that are successfully in the program that i joined.
They already have the experience how the program works and what kinds of marketing methods will get the most affiliates.

I am very happy that they are willing to share their experience.
cherie27
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby LorettaOliver on Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:19 pm

There are several very successful women online that I look up to and do try to follow in their footsteps whenever I can.

I would like to join a program like Mom Masterminds sometime in the near future to meet even more of those great women!
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby Audrey on Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:14 am

I've always had mentors. Some have been female and many have been male. There are some awesome men out there too.
Audrey
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Return to Getting Started