How Would I Start Marketing Myself for This?

Discuss web design, copywriting, SEO, traffic, advertising techniques and other aspects of developing a successful business.

How Would I Start Marketing Myself for This?

Postby tishialee on Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:54 pm

If I'm considering focusing more on one specific service I offer how would I transition into that?

I really LOVE doing transcription work so I want to start focusing alot more on that aspect of my business. I would keep my current clients and do the 'normal' VA tasks I do for them on a day to day basis but I want to start focusing on getting myself 'known' as the transcription expert.

How would I start marketing myself for that? Just like everything else - forums, email signature, etc, etc?
Tishia Lee
Specializing in Mp3 Transcription
http://www.tishiasavestime.com
tishialee
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Postby Mila on Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:50 am

Tishia, set up a seperate site just for transcription. If you're niching in on internet marketing then say so on the site and target them directly -- The Warrior forum is a great place to drum up business. Start marketing that site seperately and also add content. I got a lot of organic search traffic to my transcription site from people looking for help.
Mila
Owner InternetBasedMoms.com

Postby ZedBiz on Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:27 pm

I agree with Mila,

Tishialee, you definitely need to set up a new site specifically for your transcription business. That is the best way to begin your marketing. Centralize all your marketing efforts around that site.

I would suggest you could get a good domain name, and simply use a blog as your site. With WordPress you can now have a static main page, as well as extra static pages.

It is a nice way to set up a site quickly and professionally.

Then start using that site in your sigs, ads, articles, etc.

Mila's idea of using the warrior forum is excellent as well.

You could - to get your name out - offer a WSO (Warrior Special Offer) on say 5 or 10 transcription jobs for a reduced price. That would give you great exposure, some new clients that may turn out to be good long term clients.

Another idea is the whole strategy that I have read about for people to write articles, reports or even e-books by talking, and then getting them transcribed. Many people have a tough time typing or writing, but have the knowledge, and can easily talk expertly about a subject. If you would write a report about this, giving them tips and advice, and then offering your transcription service - I am sure it would drum up some great business.

Hope that helps,
Jack
Just Launched
FREE - 101 Internet Marketing Gems from PRIVATE forum - Get it NOW!
Also check out the Wahm Blog - Wahm Blog
ZedBiz

Postby ZedBiz on Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:30 pm

Hi Tishialee,

One other thing - on your site that is in your sig now - - http://www.usawahm.com/

You have 2 big banners at the top.

Are they making you money?

How much?

Would it be better use of that space to make your OWN banner to advertise YOUR transcription service to bring you new customers.

I went to your site to find out about your service, and could not find anything.
Hope that helps,
Jack

P.S. - send me a link that tells me what you offer via VA and transcription services.
Just Launched
ZedBiz

Postby Mara B on Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:33 pm

The Warrior Forum is an interesting place. I've been there a couple of times and even signed up. My goodness the things they have. I need to make a point of going over there more often, especially as I get more involved in writing and moving toward doing VA work.
Mara B

Postby KellyMcCausey on Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:54 pm

You should have your VA site in your sig here :)

I don't think I agree about setting up a separate site. I think you can highlight your transcription services on TishiaSavesTime.com and do the same networking and get just as good of a response and not have to juggle multiple websites.

Emphasize your transcription services on your website and then your sig can be:

Tishia Lee
http://www.tishiasavetime.com

(I know most times it does make sense to create a separate site - but when you're a VA - I don't think it's really needed. You're just a VA who does specialize in transcription.)
Work at Home Moms Talk Radio
http://www.wahmtalkradio.com
KellyMcCausey
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Two webs or one

Postby ZedBiz on Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:07 am

I did not know you (Tishialee) had her own VA website - I only saw the USAwahm.com site in her sig.

If you already have a site related to Transcription - then you would not have to set up a seperate website.

I guess it would depend on if you wanted to concentrate 100% on Transcription services - then I would have a seperate site - or convert existing over to all about transcription.

If you only want to increase that part of the business - but keep the rest - for example increase transcription from 30% of your work up to 60% - then I think you can keep existing site - just put a focus on the transcription services.

Jack
Just Launched
ZedBiz

Postby tishialee on Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:38 pm

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions! I appreciate them.

I don't want to totally focus on transcription and do nothing else so I think I'll keep the site I already have and just focus on bringing in more transcription work.
Tishia Lee
http://www.tishiasavestime.com
tishialee

Postby Mara B on Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:19 pm

Best of luck, Tishia! I'm sure there's a market out there for transcription work. I've seen a number of people doing it, and seeming to do well.
Mara B

Return to Websites, Traffic, and Business Development