Blog vs Moguling

Discuss web design, copywriting, SEO, traffic, advertising techniques and other aspects of developing a successful business.

Blog vs Moguling

Postby Beth57 on Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:21 am

I'm having a web site built. I am very new to all the tech lingo. I really know nothing about how all this works: Can anyone please explain to me what is moguling vs blog and why it is important in SEO. (I so know that one SEO) HELP !!!!
Beth - Illinois USA
Beth57
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby ZedBiz on Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:18 pm

Hi Beth,

From what I understand, Moguling is simply using a blog as part of your website - kind of like the centerpiece to your website. You build your site around the blog.

Moguling was coined by a company that offers it as a service - and they also have some 'secret techniques' to help with search engine rankings.

So if you go buy your site directly from them - you would be Moguling. But if you add a blog to your site - then you would be blogging.

I would definitely consider adding a blog as part of your site. It is easy to do - especially if your domain host has Cpanel with Fantastico.

And once it is up - adding posts to your blog is super easy and fun.

In Fact, with all the functionality in WordPress, you can have a whole site created in your WordPress Blog.

Hope that helps,
Jack
Just Launched
FREE - 101 Internet Marketing Gems from PRIVATE forum - Get it NOW!
Also check out the Wahm Blog - Wahm Blog
ZedBiz

Postby Mara B on Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:20 pm

I'm pretty new to blogging and online things, but I've nver heard of "moguling" so I'm afraid I can't help. Now you've made me curious, so I might have to go see what I can find out.
Mara B
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Postby soapin'Angela on Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:57 pm

Well I'm not that new to blogging but I've never heard of this 'moguling' term - so it's specific to one particular company then? Kind of their own term for blogging?
Fire Up Your Affiliate Program - FREE Teleseminar!
http://www.affiliatecommotion.com/2
soapin'Angela

Postby Kit on Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:18 pm

Yeah, Angela. Moguling is the name of the site/company. From what I've seen, they use the term like we use the term Googling. The research I've done supports all the good stuff that Jack said. Moguling appears to be another social blogging place like Facebook, MySpace and the others.

Now for my opinion (remember what I said about the unvarnished truth? lol) It looks like you pay fees for a blog and some "special technology." My gut feeling is that it's a company with a new angle on marketing THEIR business, not necessarily new ways to market yours. ;)

Having said that, I do have to say that I have not used this company so I can't speak from personal use. All I have to go by at this point are my instincts.
Kit
Admin Support

Postby Mara B on Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:37 pm

Thanks for the explanation, Kit. I think I'll pass on that one right now. :) I can't imagine paying someone for the benefit of marketing "their" business. Nope, I'll pass.
Mara B

Return to Websites, Traffic, and Business Development