Paid to read emails?

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

Paid to read emails?

Postby spunk999 on Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:17 pm

Have any of you ever joined any of those pay to read email sites? Have you actually gotten paid? I am registered on one and it only takes a few minutes each day, but at the rate that they send the emails, it will take at least a month to hit to minimum you have to reach to get paid and I am just wondering if the site will actually pay me because if not, there are other things I can do! Let me know what you all think - thanks!
spunk999
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby Kit on Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:55 am

In my opinion, you'd be better off putting your talents to work doing something else. I don't like to lump people or companies into a group but I have never heard anything good about the short of job you are referring to.

The people that I've talked to privately say most are a bit on the scam-ish side and like you said, they have such high limits, you never really make any decent money. For the same amount of time you spend reading, you could start your own business, have more control, and more money. ;)

Kit
Kit
Admin Support

Postby Mel on Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:20 pm

A few years ago, I was helping sniff out scams for a friend and signed up for two places to see how it worked. My goal for both was to see how long it took to earn $50 & if I'd actually get paid.

One place sent tons of emails until I had earned almost enough to receive a pay-out and then the emails dropped to a trickle. It took right at 6 months to reach my goal.

The 2nd place I tried, the email flow kept going but you don't actually earn money, you earn points that you cash in for gift cards. This one took about 3-4 months.

Hope that helps.
Melody

Want to be a VA? Let me show you how! VirtualBusinessMavens.com
Essential Office Support: Helping you manage, market and grow your business.
Mel
General Manager

Postby dreamcatcher on Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:02 pm

Yes I do a few sites. I used to do a lot more but had to drop some because they stopped paying. I found a couple new sites that are paying. It's a little tedious but if you have some time to waste you can get some pocket change.

You can pm me and I can send you the good sites that I've found. I have a few sites that I have been with for a long time and always pay and are very reliable.
dreamcatcher
Great Friend of Internet Based Moms

Postby Ashley9603 on Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:51 am

Kit wrote:In my opinion, you'd be better off putting your talents to work doing something else. I don't like to lump people or companies into a group but I have never heard anything good about the short of job you are referring to.

The people that I've talked to privately say most are a bit on the scam-ish side and like you said, they have such high limits, you never really make any decent money. For the same amount of time you spend reading, you could start your own business, have more control, and more money. ;)

Kit

I agree with this as well.When I was new to the internet I got involved in a few and I decided after a few months that my time was valuable doing something else.JMO.
Ashley9603
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Postby Mara B on Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:20 pm

I tried the pay for reading email route when I first started trying to earn money from home. The time I spent was completely wasted. Not only did it take FOREVER to earn enough money for a payout, the payout was usually like $25-$50, and at $0.02 per email (if you were lucky), it just wasn't worth it. I stopped long before I got the payout. I figured it was a lesson hard-earned, but well-learned. ;)
Mara B
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Postby tishialee on Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:21 pm

I agree with what Kit said about putting your talents to use elsewhere (like starting your own business). I've also only heard negative things about reading emails for pay.

And I honestly don't know how someone could sit there and go through email after email after email for such small pay (if you even end up getting paid). No thanks!
Tishia Lee
Specializing in Mp3 Transcription
http://www.tishiasavestime.com
tishialee

Postby Vera on Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:14 pm

I know, I tried this once a long time ago but what a big timer waster!
Vera
Great Friend of Internet Based Moms

Postby Mara B on Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:05 pm

I think it would take more time and effort than you're willing to spend. There are paid posting jobs (wiredflame, paidpostingtools, and others) that you'd make more money. Not a whole lot, but at least it's something. I've heard some good things about doing that.
Mara B

hi

Postby jaz on Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:03 am

when l just started online that was what l did , never ever got paid. like every one said its awaste of time and just a way to bring in virus
jaz
Great Friend & Oh So Helpful to IBMoms

Postby LorettaOliver on Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:29 pm

They always said the key to those was recruiting other people under you to get referral bonuses. I remember trying a few way back when and I think I lost my patience way before the payout mark with all of them.

Maybe look into mystery shopping if you're looking for something to make just a few extra bucks. It's definitely more fun than clicking email links and there seem to be more reputable companies in that field.
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Re: Paid to read emails?

Postby MargieL on Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:33 pm

I have a friend that did that for about 4 months than stopped. She said all she was doing was running up her electric bill. Big scam to her.

There are things out there just take your time and research, research, research. Do you have a hobbie, if so than look in that field to see if there is something out there. It helps when you do something you love in the first place.

Good luck and keep smiling.
MargieL
New to Internet Based Moms

Return to Getting Started